Keeping my butt in check

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
I'm not expecting anyone to read this, but I thought if I started my own journal...for public consumption no less....that it'd hold me accountable.. DARN YOU OREOS!!!

I'm Nicole. I'm 5'5, and currently 154.4 so we'll round up to 155 lbs. I've always been a bit too curvy because I carry all my weight in my middle.....from my girls down to my butt. I look and feel better when I'm down around the 130-135 area. And my weight fluctuates like crazy. I just want to be totally comfortable in my skin wearing whatever.

Motivation factor is my trip to Hawaii in 143 days for my 40th bday. The goal is to be half naked the majority of the time.

I guess I should make notes daily of my steps, exercises, and what I've stuffed in my face? I own a Bowflex Max Trainer (aka The Devil's Machine) that I need to start on a regular routine, and I have a 10 lb kettleball in my office at work. AND since I've had my stomach muscles repaired (see below surgery), I can now do a crunch easily.

I'm still dealing with my stomach swelling at times from surgery last June, but it's slowly going away. Right now I'd be happy to tone my arms a little bit, get the girls to shrink, and tone my back. I've got a consultation for coolsculpting next Friday about my bra line area that just won't go away no matter what size I am. I'm on the fence about it though because I don't know if I want to be out that money.

I eat mainly vegan, but do have eggs occasionally. However, no dairy. My husband and I will relax this rule during our vacations in October & November, but we avoid it at home. My son claims I'm the best vegan chef of all time (he knows no other vegans though....so small pool to pull from)

Hopefully I will keep up with this journal. I'm very bad about forgetting, or just plain dropping stuff after one or two bad days. Like my one and only PTR....yup....didn't finish.

Yesterday--
Bowflex- 8 minutes (had to pick daughter up from school...and she text telling me that while I was on it)
Steps- 12,492
and I can't really remember what all I ate, but had leftover vegan lasagna for lunch and made broccoli burgers for supper....however there was some chips, a vegan brownie topped with peanut butter, and God knows what else thrown in there too.

So, if you're reading this, bless your heart! And if I'm reading it....yay! I made it back to post progress!

So yesterday--
Devil's Machine - full 14 minutes
Kettleball - 3 different exercises 3 reps of 10 each
Crunches - 50
Steps - 12,564

I ate around 1500 calories, but I know I over estimated on my dinner to make the target on fitbit.
I had small order of bo-rounds from Bojangles for breakfast 230 calories (I need to break up with these things....)
Pie five farmers market pizza without cheese which just totaled 160 calories
vegan brownie snack with peanut butter and organic jam for a snack before bowflex 310 calories
IMG_9869.JPG
homemade spaghetti with vegetarian meatballs on whole wheat noodles 720 calories
IMG_9871.JPG IMG_9873.JPG

And the kicker that I totally need to quit, 120 calories of half sweet/half unsweet tea.

I need to try to increase my water intake (according to fitbit app). Yesterday I had 1183 ml, but need to get up to 1800 ml.

Today I plan to get as many steps as possible at work, and lift weights in my office. I will not be getting on the bowflex since it's date night, but can hopefully keep my wine consumption to one glass. I also want to get a yoga mat for my office so I can do my stomach crunches here instead of home.
Ok so if anyone does read this, I thought I should explain the trips coming up in October & November. October is Maui and Kauai, then Disneyland for a few days before we fly home. The November trip is for my youngest, Winnie. She turns 18 November 20th, and wants to celebrate it in WDW so we're taking her for a few days to celebrate her bday, and graduation (she'll be a senior).

When we leave for that trip, she'll be the only one still at home. My oldest son, Cody, is in the Navy, and my middle, Andy, just signed up (he graduated high school on Saturday). His ship out date is the week before we take Winnie on her trip. I'll also be taking a few of her senior pictures while we are down there with the decorations. I took 1/2 of Andy's senior pics in NYC, a few at Universal Studios, and a few just out in our subdivision. I'll just post one because a lot of the files are too big....
CSC_0883.JPG
This one was on the steps of the Manhattan Post Office.

djh4.JPG
This is all 3 of them, plus my husband, after Cody's boot camp graduation a couple of years ago.

srdh2.JPG
And this one is at the airport before Cody left for his A school training.

Posting just to add that I decreased my calorie intake on the fitbit app. It seems like it was allowing me too many calories to be able to lose weight. Now daily total should be around the 1200 mark. I also changed what unit the water is measured from ml to oz. The goal is 64 oz a day.

This is all new so I'm sure they'll be more tweaking involved as I (hopefully) go along.

Oh, and here's a pic of my baby, Annie Bean. The first pic is when she was a baby baby. She's 8 years old now. The bottom pic is her posing with her new birthday collar we got her back in February.

new 052.JPG
1448.JPG IMG_9568.JPG

Last edited:
Movement:
Kettleball - 3 different exercises 3 reps of 10 each
Steps - 17,629

Food:
Medium bo-rounds from bojangles 350 calories
1/2 sweet 1/2 unsweet tea 120 calories (or at least that's what I put....I'm quitting this after today, explanation below)
vegan brownie snack - 310 calories
5oz sangria 89 calories
spinach & mushroom quesadilla (no cheese or sour cream) with chips and salsa approx 864 calories
IMG_9874.JPG

Water:
102 oz.

So yesterday I did some digging and found out I'm not drinking nearly enough water by just drinking a liter a day. I've increased this to 3 liters so approx 102 ounces (I also changed this on fitbit app). I'm hoping that maybe this is why I'm still swelling and retaining water almost a year after surgery--simple lack of hydration. I have my year follow up appointment with my doctor next Friday after the coolsculpting consult so we'll see what he has to say about it. And speaking of the coolsculpting--I thought about canceling the consult, but it's free, and in same office as my doctor so might as well. I was pointing out my many flaws to hubby last night, and he said that he doesn't think there is enough fat on my bra line to matter, however, I'm able to pinch away A LOT (which he couldn't see because I had on a tank top) so I dunno. I've avoided swimwear for the last 20 years so this Hawaii trip is freaking me out.

Ok, backtrack 15 or so years ago to when my daughter was just a toddler.....
I had gone to the doctor because I had gotten down to 123 pounds, but my stomach still looked like a pregnant lady. Stupid me thought I had a tumor. The doctor said my muscles were shot and no amount of exercise would make them go back together.....this has a name, but I forget what it's called. Anyways, insurance will not pay for it since it's considered cosmetic, and at the time I had 3 kids that weren't even in school yet. Fast forward to last year and I got the tummy fixed, which looks fantastic, but the swelling is just hanging on for dear life. The doctor performed the muscle repair, and then took the extra skin off from having 3 huge babies in the matter of 4 years time. I waited 17 years after the birth of my last to finally get the nerve to get it done, and the Hawaii trip was motivating factor, plus my new husband is a Godsend. He offered to pay for it when we were first dating because he knew how bad I hated it, of course I'm too independent to take him up on this. Once we were married, I paid for it, but he was there to take care of me afterwards :)

I did extra steps since I knew I wasn't going to have time to get on the devil's machine and take a shower before date night. I LOVE date night. I kept it to one small sangria, but did eat the chips and salsa. We finally got to watch Jungle Book. It is such a great movie :)

I think I'll be breaking up with the bojangles half cut tea and bo-rounds. I stopped this morning since I knew I didn't have anything packed for lunch. They accidentally gave me a full sweet tea. So I nursed it for just a little bit until I got sick....full sweet tea does this to me (I know, bad southerner, but oh well). Like full on sick with cold sweats, and thanking God the bathroom is within close range. I drank maybe 1/3 of it and had to pour it out and start on my water. I guess I'm done with that because I HATE getting sick to my stomach, but especially hate it when I'm at work.

I haven't posted any pics of me so here it goes. The first ones are from our trip from Sept 2014 when we got engaged. We eloped Dec 2014. The next couple of pics are from our 1 year anniversary trip from Dec. 2015. Some of these where my arms are exposed, I detest. Then the one with Chip and Dale show me in all my swollen and bloated glory.
MK_02_7047921882.jpeg AK_BRIDGETOP2_7049178243.jpeg STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_7545473730.jpeg EPCOT_FUTURE_7546566636.jpeg

Last edited:

Movement:
100 stomach crunches
19,400 steps
**edited**forgot to add Kettleball - 3 different exercises 3 reps of 10 each

Food:
The nasty sweet tea and medium bo-rounds that got me sick approx 410 calories
Roasted zucchini for a snack (I have no clue on calories because I drizzled a very small amount of olive oil on them)
Avocado hash for supper--I put 910 calories down so I'd be on track on fitbit, however, I don't know. I know a single serving is 455 calories so I doubled it, although I really had maybe 1 1/2 servings on my plate and I couldn't finish it.
IMG_9875.JPG

102 oz. of water

Speaking of water, I bought 2 of these plastic bottles to refill. Each holds 50.7 oz so I'll drink 2 a day, and I'm good. Please excuse my messy office in the background....
IMG_9876.JPG

I also bought a yoga mat so I can do the stomach exercises in my office.

I think I'll start weighing myself on Saturday mornings. I haven't been on a scale in over a month so I'm just hoping it's not more than the 155 that I put in first post. However, that was my weight last time I weighed.

Ok, so today is my 180 days for dining reservations for my daughter's 18th bday trip. I'm pretty excited for her--I was able to get pre-park opening CRT reservations, and BOG dinner reservations on her actual birthday! She requested I get reservations for CP, and I was able to get those too. Here's a throwback picture of Winnie and the boys with Winnie the Pooh100_0837.JPG .....and Winnie with Winnie and gang.....
100_0869.JPG

And here's a more recent pic of 2 of my 3 kids, plus my nephew. This is Winnie and Andy after his graduation on Saturday. My oldest couldn't make it to the ceremony. Andy used to have really long hair, but donated it to a kids cancer charity several months back. He thought he might need to get used to it being short for the Navy...
IMG_9824.JPG

Andy's hair the day of the BIG cut...
IMG_9408.JPG

He's my Rock Star.

Last edited:
Movement:
Kettleball-3 reps 10 each of the 3 exercises
100 crunches
20,128 steps

Food:
Banana, vegan brownie w/ pb for breakfast 342 calories
And the rest....image.png
Both types of Oreos we have here at house suck thankfully. As you can see I tried both.
The sandwich for supper was without the steak and cheese so basically veggies on a bunimage.jpeg
And I didn't eat chips since I had tortilla chips earlier.
***edited to add water**
102 oz of water

The weekends will be way less movement and I usually charge my Fitbit. I actually rarely wear it on weekends. I'm always busy with house chores, etc. I will log my food though. I hope to find time to do devil's machine.

Oh, and weighed myself this morning. I'm 154.2. I hope to be in the 140s by end of June.

Last edited:
Ugh...I should just make Saturday's my official cheat day. Started out ok...
Vegan brownie, pb & banana for breakfast.
1/2 piece of bread for a snack
This for supper...image.jpeg
Vegan walnut steak with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, corn, and sautéed broccoli & garlic
If I'd stopped there it'd been ok.....however, I didn't
I had a glass of wine after supper...ok, no biggie..
THEN I had a soft pretzel (the frozen kind) AND made myself a tequila sunrise. I think it's because I'm practically home by myself. Hubby with friends, Winnie at friend's house, and Andy upstairs in mancave watching hockey. Sooo...I guess I should officially make Saturday's my cheat day? As long as I don't go totally bonkers.

I have done ok on water. By time I go to bed tonight, I should easily have my 102oz in.

I didn't track my movement today but have stayed busy cleaning the master bathroom, doing laundry (still at it), cleaning kitchen, etc.

I'm making vegan sausage pizza tomorrow. I have no clue how many calories are in it, but it's mushroom based so shouldn't be too awful bad. I'm also making my crust and "cheese" by hand. The cheese is actually nut based, and I don't put too much on the pizza.

Last edited:

So no track on movement for Sunday either (probably never will be on weekends), however:

Food:
Banana, vegan brownie, pb, & organic jelly on top - 382 calories
Vegan sausage pizza (I looked up the calories in it...and I gave the crust to Annie Bean) 573 calories
IMG_9882.JPG
**I brought a piece for lunch today, it's so good! It takes forever to make since it's all from scratch (even the vegan sausage and vegan cheese drizzle), but so totally worth it! My meat loving daughter demolishes this.

Glass of wine - 185 calories

102 oz of water
So I hope to get my steps in today at work, maybe even walk outside for lunch. I plan on also doing my kettleball routine, and stomach crunches here shortly. Hubby and I decided tonight should be date night since I have a $30 gift card at Victoria Secrets that expires tomorrow....so no getting on the devil's machine. Plus, holy cow, my butt cheeks were so sore last night! I'm thankful for the break!

I need to get back in the habit every morning of doing my oil pulling. I have the coconut oil next to my toothbrush in my bathroom, but it seems I always forget in the mornings, or I just don't have time. I did do the coconut oil treatment on my hair for the first time in a few months. It really needed it, and I feel like I'm in a Pantene commercial today :)

I also need to stop with my nightly glass of wine, and replace it with chamomile tea. I have maybe one glass left in the bottle I have open that I'll finish off Tuesday night. I have one more bottle of Merlot that's unopened....and an expensive bottle that my husband says we have to wait until we're celebrating to open so it's off limits.

Last edited:
Movement:
100 crunches
3 reps 10 each of kettleball
23,150 steps (!!!!!)

Food:
Banana and pb for breakfast - 162 calories
pb and a couple of almond cookies for snack - 290
leftover vegan sausage pizza for lunch - 382
drink, part of bruschette, and 2/3 pasta dish - 942 calories
IMG_9885.JPG

I was able to look up that particular restaurant's nutrition online so that's how I got totals, however, they're a little off. I got the pasta minus the chicken, but didn't know how much to subtract from meal so I acted as I just left it in. I brought the leftovers for lunch today.

Also, depending on how my weigh in goes this week, I feel like I'm eating too much, but the fitbit says I'm not. I know calories in/out, but seems like I should just stick to xx amount and not go over, regardless of exercise? I mean, I know I burned a lot of calories yesterday because I stayed busy at work, and seemed like I was constantly on the go, but still seems like a lot of food was taken in.....AND fitbit said I was still UNDER target?? I thought I had adjusted the settings to where it would make me eat less. I may readjust again.

edited to add water--a lot--
102 oz plus. I had my water goal in before I left work, then continued to drink it throughout the night. No clue how much extra I drank.

So today, no devil's machine again. I won't have time. As soon as I get home, I've gotta take Andy to recruiter's office for meeting and it'll take several hours. I probably won't be home until after 6, then will still need to cook supper. That's very late for me considering I get to work between 5-6 every morning.

I quite sore from yesterday. Work was pretty hectic thru lunch, then it finally slowed down. If this tells you anything, I had 10K steps in before 11am! I had some records I had to box up, and I did this after I did the kettleball stuff in the morning. My shoulders and back don't like me much this morning.

Yesterday's date night was nice :) We went to eat at hubby's pick of restaurant, then we went to VS so I could use my $30 gift card. They had an awesome sale going on! I got a bra, and a really nice nightshirt. All of their swimwear and pjs were 40% off. We looked at swimwear, but it was pretty picked thru, and with my big girls, some of that stuff just wasn't gonna cut it. I'm hoping they'll shrink a bit.

Movement:
100 crunches
24,587 steps

Food:
vegan brownie and pb for breakfast - 270 calories
leftover pasta and tbsp of pb - 451 calories
small waffle fries, poly sauce and small half cut tea from chick fil a - 465 calories
small glass of wine - 123 calories

102+oz of water

So yesterday was another super busy day at work, and I got a lot of steps in, then I walked around while Andy was in the meeting for 2 hours yesterday evening so that's good...

However, the whole calories in/out thing is bugging me on fitbit and I did some digging. Some people who have went by this system have gained weight! Soooo.....I think I should still track my food on it, but also track it on another tracking system (I have another app on my phone for it) just to keep me in the 1200 calorie range.

Also, I did what I didn't want to do this morning....I got on the scales. I was up .4 pounds. Frustrating, but it's just .4, and that could be from me doing the kettlebell, or just confirmation that I need to get the eating scaled back to 1200 regardless of what the fitbit is telling me.

Oh, I bought a bikini yesterday. Motivation. It's got an underwire so it holds the girls up nicely. I would like to lose some inches before I wear it in public so, again, motivation.

**edited to add that I bought another bikini during lunch today.....motivation in the color of blue......

Last edited:
Movement:
21,715 steps

Food:
1/2 pb sandwich for breakfast 235 calories
the other 1/2 pb sandwich for lunch + cantaloupe 268 calories
a few almond cookies for snack 100 calories
broccoli pasta for supper 400 calories
IMG_9892.JPG

102 oz of water
I didn't have time to do the stomach crunches, or the devil's machine yesterday. As soon as I got home, I had to run my daughter around town so by the time we got home, I had to start on supper. Then came the headache. Headache = no wine. Husband had bad day at work and made a top shelf margarita, and I sadly had to decline that too.

I'm hoping today is slow at work so I can make grocery list. I'd like to get a lot of steps in today, and hopefully get on the devil's machine once I'm finished with the grocery shopping.

Tomorrow is my visit with the doctor, and coolsculpting consult. I'm kinda dreading/stressing it, so I'll be happy once tomorrow is over. We've made a list of things to mention to him....like the fact I have no feeling on the skin of my stomach. My husband had his hand on my stomach the other day, and I had no clue. However, I didn't have much feeling there to begin with after the pregnancies. Another thing is every time I do stomach crunches, my stomach swells, and pretty much stays that way the rest of the day. I still swell throughout the day anyways, but I think it's more noticeable after stomach crunches. That's not the reason I didn't do them yesterday--I just really ran out of time, and when I did have time, I had the stupid headache to contend with--and they shut me down. I don't mess around with anything once one pops up.

I mentioned I bought the second bikini during lunch break with a friend yesterday. I think I have all the swimsuits I need for Hawaii.....now to get the body to wear them ;)

Movement:
17,594 steps

Food:
no breakfast (big no no and worsened my stupid headache)
leftover broccoli pasta and raw cherries for lunch 450 calories
almond cookies for snack 100 calories
bourbon tofu stir fry with brown rice for supper 550 calories (I guessed at this amount)
IMG_9894.JPG

102 oz of water
So yesterday I had the headache reappear pretty early in the day so no devil's machine, and I'm waiting to see what the doctor says today about my stomach swelling after crunches before I resume those. Headache was pretty bad by the time I made it home from work. I had to put my ice mask on my head and kinda be still for a while for it to ease up so I could cook supper. Again, no wine because it only makes things worse.

Today is only a 1/2 day at work for me, and since my husband and I rode in together, it made me late. He's going to my dr appointment with me so I'm not complaining though. Anyways, my steps will be way off today from normal. I'll be lucky if I get to 10k. I'm intentionally not doing the kettleball either because who wants to get all hot and sweaty working out, then get naked for the doctor? Yuck!

We have a long holiday weekend and the goal is to catch up on sleep. I'm sorely lacking in that department according to my fitbit, and my brain, and just overall body. I've been kinda busy at work this week, but when I get back on Tuesday, it'll be even busier because of reactor startup in a couple of weeks. Long outages always makes it hectic for me right before startup. Thank God the next long outage & startup happens when I'm in Hawaii! So anyways, hopefully catching up on sleep will help me focus on stuff I gotta get done over the next couple of weeks here at work. For the most part, I love my job, love the fact that my hubby is just a building away, and like what I do, but with startup and audits and meetings, etc., June is looking to be pretty busy. People here are interesting....it's like working with the folks from Big Bang Theory.

Oh, and I weighed in today--cutting back on the calories and keeping it at or under 1200 has helped. I'm down a little. I'm 153.8

**edited to add--if anyone does read this, hope you have a happy and safe holiday!

Movement:
image.png

Food:
image.png
image.jpeg

102 oz of water
So yesterday was dr appointment--said everything was good, but the swelling is still there and could take another 6-8 months to resolve itself. :(
He also said the feeling will come back once the swelling is gone. I must be like the world's slowest healer! It's frustrating, but not much I can do about it. So my husband decided I should go ahead with the coolsculpting on my bra line. He knows how insecure I am about certain things and he wants me totally comfortable in my skin. He's a godsend, really. It's scheduled for June 17. In the meantime, I plan to keep on keeping on and hopefully only need one treatment.

Movement this long weekend will not really be monitored or huge, however, I will track my food. This seems to be helping the most. I was down another .4 pounds this morning even though I had a cream soda (and immediately looked 6 months preggo afterwards) and a glass of wine last night. We had a very late lunch at Noodles & Company so I didn't cook supper. So my weigh in this morning is 153.4

I hope to get on the devil's machine at least once or twice this weekend, but we'll see. It's Harry Potter weekend on Freeform and I'm a total HP nerd so this will be a challenge. I'll probably start the books (again) sometime soon in preparation of the new book coming out at end of July.

Again, my goal is to be in the 140's by mid-end of June, and then hopefully in 130's by August/September time frame. Just gotta keep myself focused, motivated, and remember it's gonna be slow.

Oh, and I got 9 glorious hours of sleep! It felt WONDERFUL! I did have to get up at 4 to walk Annie Bean, but immediately went right back to sleep.

Hope anyone reading this has a great day!

No clue on movement

Food:
image.png
The Mac and cheese was for supper. I totally guessed at the calories, but doubt it's that much. I made the mock cheese out of cauliflowers and carrots, then added onion, garlic, jalapeños, and white wine to give it some pep.image.jpeg

Met my water goal of 102 oz

Unfortunately the HP marathon has totally sucked me in so I'm a couch potato.

Movement: no clue

Food: ....sigh...
Took Andy to IHOP for brunch, this was my plate....
image.jpeg

In a word--nasty--I picked at it, but didn't make a dent in it for fear of getting sick. I counted as if I ate 1/2, but I know I didn't come close.

I also had to go to store, and somehow found a 6 pack of IBC cream sodas in my buggy :(

Made vegan ratatouille and couscous for supper
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It was so yummy! I had two helpings of this.

Then my hubby made pina coladas. I drank a huge one then immediately regretted it. Had unsettled stomach throughout Game of Thrones episode. I think I need to stick to wine.

I was able to get all 102oz of water down.

So my total calorie count was over 1200, but kept it under 1500.

Today, the cream sodas are gone (I've drank 2 today!). However, they're gone with no intentions of buying them again.

I also tried on my swimsuits today--you know--motivation--outside of my pasty whiteness, they don't look too awful bad. Still, a huge amount of room for improvement.

I'll start tracking movement again tomorrow at work.

Movement:
slug-like

Food:
For breakfast I had vegan brownie with a little pb & jelly, and a cream soda (bad, I know) 484 calories
for snack I had the last cream soda and tortilla chips 320 calories
Supper I had 1 veggie kebab with small amount of quinoa, baked potato and sour kraut and a very small glass of white wine 340 calories
and I had two oreos for 140 calories
Here is supper plate
IMG_9911.JPG
I only drank around 80 oz of water, but I started late because of all the cream sodas in the morning/afternoon.

I was over on calories, but still kept it under 1500.

So today I already have more steps in than what I did all of yesterday--and it's not even 7am yet. I'm getting back into swing of things. Hopefully can get my monthly reports out fairly quickly, then do my kettleball, and stomach crunches.

I brought leftover cauliflower mac & cheese for lunch, and making tofu po'boy sandwiches for supper. I hope to get on devil's machine, but it's not looking too promising right now. I've got to take Andy for a job interview at 3, then when we get home, run Winnie to BK to get her last check, and have her deposit it in the bank. If we can get all that done before 4:30, I'd like to try to get my 14 minutes in. If not, I'll have to immediately start supper.

Movement:
100 crunches
21,611 steps

and just as I figured, I didn't have time for devil's machine. Here's a snapshot of my fitbit from yesterday. You can see where I'm stuck in a car for 2 hours :(
IMG_9921.PNG

I won't be getting on devil's machine tonight either since it's date night. I'm very inconsistent with it, and need to do better.

Food:
Banana for breakfast 100 calories
leftover cauliflower mac and cheese for lunch 300 calories
2 oreos for snack 140 calories
tofu po'boy sandwich with chips and big glass of white wine 652 calories
IMG_9919.JPG

Let me tell you, this sandwich was AMAZING! It's the first time I'd tried this recipe, and it was soooo simple and sooooo good! I always love a good sandwich! I packed one for lunch today before they could all get gobbled up last night :)

102 oz of water

So I doubt I get as many steps in today as yesterday, but I should get close. I plan on doing the kettleball, and crunches today, too. I actually woke up this morning somewhat flat and NOT swollen, but it didn't last long. As soon as I got to work, everything around the incision area was swollen again....the doctor told me Friday to pay attention to what I look like in the morning because eventually it'll be the final result once the swelling finally leaves. Well, since I'd been hitting the cream sodas pretty hard over the weekend, I have been waking up swollen. It'll be nice once all of this is behind me, but I doubt I'll be able to drink carbonation again without any repercussions. Thank God I weaned myself off of the diet pepsi before I had this procedure!!

Oh, and I weighed myself since it's the first of the month. I was 153.6. Up .2, but after this weekend, I think it's just ok. I'll weigh myself again Friday or Saturday morning.

Movement:
100 crunches
20,767 steps

Food:
Banana for breakfast
Po'boy sandwich and chips for lunch
1 oreo cookie
cream soda---which was a different brand than normal and NASTY
2 slices of mellowmushroom mega veggie pizza without cheese
a glass of riesling
1 pretzel at mellowmushroom

102 oz of water

I don't have the calories for everything. I know before we had date night, I only had like 400 calories to eat, but went way over--but haven't looked it up.

So today's movement will be a whole lot less. As soon as I type this, I've gotta get busy issuing procedures that have to go out today, so that's a lot of work at my computer. I will be busy pretty much all day on them with no time to get up and move like I normally do. I'll probably be lucky to hit 10k. However, since movement will be a lot less, I'm hoping that I can get on the devil's machine after work.

I'm really feeling the bloat from eating too much yesterday. Feel pretty blah, and very, well, just slug like. Had hard time waking up this morning, and now just really dragging. Hopefully this is a lesson learned, and I know not to go too crazy on date nights.

Movement:
Not a lot of steps...4,753
14 minutes on devil's machine

Food:
Apple, hummus with pretzels and a very thin thin slice of a veggie pizza with no cheese for lunch/breakfast at work
cream soda & salt and vinegar chips for snack
pasta and red wine for supper
everything totaled around 1300 calories so I was over....and I saw it on scales this morning.

68 oz of water

So yesterday, outside of getting my butt on devil's machine, was pretty much a bust. I'm really disappointed in myself right now and now is usually the time I give up. However, I can't because of Hawaii, and the investments I've made in the swimsuits. I'm retaining water pretty badly--I think I only peed a total of 4 times yesterday--which I've usually peed 4 times by lunch on a normal day!

I was stuck at my desk most of the day at work yesterday, but I did get about 2 days worth of work done since I just plowed thru it. I've got 2 more boxes of redactions this morning which should only take around an hour then I can get up and move.

I knew not to get on the scales, but I did just to give myself a wake up call, or slap in the face.....I was 154.2...which I'm hoping is from pasta/water.

While in the shower I contemplated maybe going down to just 1000 calories to kick start everything. And I have about 1 glass of wine left in the Merlot bottle that's opened so I need to NOT open any more bottles. Sigh....this sucks.

So, I guess starting today I'll start with the 1000 calories. I know Sunday will be hard because we are going to a concert, and with so many options downtown to eat, it'll be tempting to go way over. However, I must go grocery shopping at some point today so I'll load up on fruits and whole foods....which I usually do anyways.

Just feeling defeated today.

Movement:
image.png
As you can see, not a lot, however I did stay busy ALL DAY yesterday. After getting home from work, I too AB to get her nails trimmed, then to grocery store, then to pick up my daughter to run a few errands. It was 6pm before I was home and ready to cook supper! That's extremely late for me!

Food:
image.png
I really need to stop with the stupid cream soda but it's like crack, I tell you!!

My broccoli burgers are the bomb! Probably the best veggie burger recipe I've come across. I forgot to take a pic because I was hangry by the time they were finished.

Anyways, I was able to keep it under 1100 calories so that's good.

Approx 80 oz of water
I weighed myself this morning and I was back at 153...pasta is the devil.

Today is clean the house/laundry/sew a shirt for my daughter day so I doubt I'm able to get much in. I think I'm making vegan fondue tonight, which is low calorie so that'll help me keep things in check.

Tomorrow is a concert night, but instead of eating out since it'll be late, I think we've decided to eat at home beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!