Keeping Convaid EZ Rider Dry if it Rains?

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
Reaching out here to see if anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to keep a Convaid EX Rider dry if it rains while we are at Disney? We have the 16 inch size and we bought it used so it does not have the extra head rest or a canopy. My son is autistic and can walk if needed so I am not as concerned about covering him and the stroller at the same time, but rather covering the stroller while we are on rides and such. This is our first trip since we upgraded from a traditional stroller that had a fitted rain cover and I'm at a loss for what the best option is and any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.

A ponch works fine.
If you are only going to cover it while he is out of it, you could buy some inexpensive ones at a Dollar Store and cut the length down a little and use clothes pins or clips to make it fit better.

Ponchos work great and using an umbrella if you are in the rain to cover it. You'll see a lot of folks in the parks do this.

But sometimes it is windy and blows off, so you might want to carry some rubber bands with you to secure the corners of the poncho.

I think that a large disposable trash bag would work great and then you could use the ties of the trash bag and secure it to the lower parts of the wheels or footrests.

When you come back you could just rip the trash bag off and throw it away.

ez_rider_half.jpg

When I had an older scooter, I added a disposable shower cap to put over my scooter's tiller and key to keep water off of the electronics.

I also rolled up two or three Glad kitchen trash bags as small as I could and wrapped several rubber bands around it. It was very small and easy to grab. Sometimes I would just slide it underneath my seat for emergencies.

If in the rain, I could slide one trash bag over the back of the seat that also covers my backpack. And then pull the builtin ties together to secure it to the chair. Or use the rubber bands. And I would slide the other one over the seat.

I thought about using one of the trash bags over my feet and legs during rain downpours, too.

It seemed a lot easier for me. And I could just tear off the trash bags afterward.

I always have several of these ready-made in a ziplock bag in my suitcase.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter