Keep Le Cellier ADR or skip it?

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
Here's my dilemma. Currently I'm negative 11 TS credits on the DP. There are a total of 5 of us and we're booked 10 nights through the Bounceback promo (Free Dining) plus 1 additional night booked as room only, so we have a total of 50 TS credits for use.

We will be having 2 TS breakfasts which will be paid OOP - all 5 of us at 'Ohana character breakfast as well as Kona Cafe.

2 TS lunches also OOP - all 5 of us will be eating lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In and 2 of us will be going the The Brown Derby for lunch on another day.

This is what I have so far for TS dinners for which I'm using all of our TS credits:

International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception - 10 TS (5 adults)
Jiko - 8 TS (5 adults but 1 will pay OOP)
Narcoossee's - 10 TS (5 adults)
Citricos - 4 TS (2 adults)
Teppanyaki - 5 TS (5 adults)
CP - 3 TS (5 adults but 2 will pay OOP)
'0hana - OOP (5 adults)
Kona Cafe - 5 TS (5 adults)
FDP @ Mama Melrose - 5 TS (5 adults)
Raglan Road - OOP (2 adults)
Le Cellier - OOP (5 adults)

So here's the dilemma. I don't mind paying OOP for some meals. We don't want to be limited by our alottment of credits, we want to dine where we want regardless of the DP. That being said, I'm a little hesitant to pay OOP for Le Cellier due to the mixed reviews lately and I also don't want to use any of our credits there. My point is, since steak is the main staple at Le Cellier and some of the other restaurants on my list offer steak, should I go ahead and skip it or is it that good that it's not to be missed? Opinions please!:)

If it were me, I would pay OOP for Kona and use TS credits for LeCellier. You will be eating at 'Ohana already. I like Kona but if it were between Kona and LeCellier, well, for me there is no choice. But, others may feel differently.

LeCellier is good, but not a must do for us. I think there are plenty of similar type of restaurants where we live. The only restaurant that is even less special to me is probably Teppanyaki, so I would probably switch those two. Have fun!!!

I'm not that thrilled about Teppanyaki either but last trip we had to cancel our ADR. My eldest son loves just about anything Japanese and is dying to eat there - this is his HS graduation trip so I promised we'd go.

Any other thoughts?

We really enjoy LeCellier! The food is very good and the ambience is enjoyable!!!

Happy Planning!
Kim
momofdbsdca

Le Cellier hands down:cool1: , it is our #1 choice for our first night, every trip. We love the maple glazed steak and the kids love the kids steak. The bread "sticks" are fabulous:thumbsup2 , my opinion is Le Cellier.

I wouldn't worry about skipping Le Cellier. We actually cancelled our ADR for next week and are going to garden grill (needed something earlier and I haven't been to gg in about 10 years). I really don't think we'll miss it. While I do enjoy eating there, we never order anything that we couldn't get somewhere else. We are eating at Biergarten and they have pretzel bread. As for the steaks, we usually get a filet which honestly doesn't taste any different from the filets we order from steakhouses at home. We'll probably end up eating at Le Cellier in Oct but it isn't as special as it used to be for us - food is still the same but its so much more crowed and noisy than it used to be.

If you really plan on ordering the canadian specialties - stuff with maple, etc - then maybe you would miss it since it isn't likely you'd get that food elsewhere. But, if like us, you would just be ordering a plain steak, you won't be missing anything.

We are eating at Le Cellier twice (lunch and dinner). It's DH's favorite. They do have more than just steak.

I would suggest keeping Le Cellier. It is one of our family's favourite restaurants as well as Kona. We are eating at both Kona and LeCellier Twice on our up coming trip in August. I would also suggest paying out of pocket for Kona. We ate at both places last summer during free dining and our meal was more expensive at Le Cellier than it was at Kona.

If the Illuminations dinner and dessert is $39.00 a person, I would do that OOP and use the credits for Raglan Road and Le Cellier. I loved Le Cellier. And no way would I give up Kona!!

Enjoy...:love:

Le Cellier is one of our favorites. I would definitely use a DP credit for it. Our bill would have been $180. after tax and tip if we hadn't had the DP, and that was for 3 adult meals and one child meal.

We choose to pay out of pocket for Mama Melrose since the bill was half of that.

I agree, Le Cellier tends to be one of the more expensive 1 TS restaurants, and if you could pay OOP another night, you might save some $$$.

Is Le Cellier scheduled on your last night? If so, I'd definitely hang on to the reservation until you got down there, because those reservations are all but impossible to get at the last minute. Once there, you can decide whether to keep it or cancel it, and whether to pay OOP for it or something else.

Financially, you'd be better off paying OOP for MM, like the PP suggested, or even Citrico's, because signature dining rarely give you as much bang for the buck. It appears to me that even the most expensive items at Citrico's would only come to about $60 per person/$120 for 4 credits/$30 per credit. The most expensive items at Le Cellier, on the other hand, come to $57 per person/$285 for 5 credits/$57 per credit.

ETA: Just looked at the Jiko menu, and it appears that's even less expensive than Citricos--ordering the most expensive dishes only gets you to $55 per person. That's less than Le Cellier's $57, and double the credits. If you pay OOP for everyone at Jiko, you'll have enough credits left to cover Le Cellier, plus the 2 at Raglan Road and one of the OOP's at CP. That's huge savings!

OH!! Don't cancel!! :sad1:
We have eaten at Le Cellier 3 times and have loved it each and every time. :thumbsup2 I highly recommend the Cheddar Cheese soup. It is awesome. :woohoo: Go and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter