Keen Wearers ~ Size up?

RMAMom

DIS Veteran
I am trying to order Keens online and they recommend ordering a size larger. I normally wear a 9.5 wide so if I'm buying a shoe that isn't wide I'll order a 10 and that usually fits fine. So how small do Keens run should I order the 10 or 10.5?

I am trying to order Keens online and they recommend ordering a size larger. I normally wear a 9.5 wide so if I'm buying a shoe that isn't wide I'll order a 10 and that usually fits fine. So how small do Keens run should I order the 10 or 10.5?

I normally wear a size 8 shoe (not wide), but my Keens are an 8.5 and they don't give me much extra room. I would recommend a 10.5 for you. What style Keens are you getting? that might be a factor too. I have two pairs of the Newport style (the Newport H2O and the Newport), and I had to go up 1/2 size.

I'll disagree- bigger means blisters imho with keens. They should fit snug.

And on the WIDE foot issue- Pick the Venice H2! They run wider. I have both the newport and venice and the venice are by far the more comfortable for my wide feet! I wear a 9 Wide and ordered a 9 Wide in the Venice H2 and they fit perfectly.
But did have to go up a half size in the Newport- so I guess I don't disagree! lol

My foot is wide and I usually have to go up half a size in Keen. Some styles do run very short though, so I'd say a 10.5 would be your best bet in this case. If it were me, I'd order both and return the one that didn't fit.

I have many pairs of Keens and I would advise sizing up 1/2 size, not a whole size, for most shoe styles. For sandals, try your regular shoe size. OP, I would order a size 10.

I find that it depends on the atyle of the shoe. My sandals are about a half size up, but my hiking boots are a full size up.

If I understood her correctly, the OP said that the website was already suggesting that everyone size up. That's why I think someone with a wide foot might need to go a half size beyond that.

Keens are wide anyway:thumbsup2 I have hiking sandals and sneakers,both are a size 9,which is what I always wear:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter