Kaylee & Alan Caribbean Beach - Oct/Nov 2000 Day 11

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report Day 11 – Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom and Pleasure Island.

Day 11

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8

We were woken up by the maid this morning as we were late leaving. We boarded the bus for Blizzard Beach along with everyone else that was staying at CBR. Alan had been looking forward to this for ages, but I am not that bothered about water parks. We arrived about 10 minutes before opening, we had a plan once we were in I would get towels and a locker and Alan would get the loungers. Good plan or so I thought. I couldn’t find Alan and he couldn’t leave the loungers. 15 minutes later I stumbled across him.

Alan set off straight away for Summit Plummit, I settled down for a quick nap and watched how 1 guy managed to ‘bag’ about 9 loungers and slowly him friends/family turned up, they obviously didn’t want to arrive at opening time. Alan arrived back – proud that he had done Summit Plummit and we headed off to do some more gentler things. Teamboat Spring’s was great – but why did I keep going up the side and Cross Country Creek until a boy fished out a snake in his bucket. We also splashed about in Meltaway bay. At about 2pm we decided to get changed and head over for our last time at Animal Kingdom. There was another, rather long snake at the locker area too.

There was no direct bus to AK, so we caught a bus to the All-Star’s which then went directly to AK. It was nice seeing the Toy Story building’s here. We arrived at 3pm and AK was shutting at 5pm, but we had already decided what we were going to do, so we headed off to get a Fass Pass for Kilimanjaro Safari, followed by the Asia Jungle Trek and The Festival of The Lion King Show. When we headed back there was no queue for the safari so we kept our Fast Passes as souvenir’s (anyone else like that?) I would just say always sit on the left-hand side of the bus, we saw some great thing’s on this side and the giraffes were really close. We did some last minute shopping here and caught the bus back to CBR.

We quickly showered and headed out to Pleasure Island. When we arrived I was asked if I had I.D or if my parent’s were with me. We had dinner at Wolfgang Puck Café, it was gorgeous. Alan had a lovely pint of Guinness here too. I had Veggie spring rolls in plum sauce followed my margarita Pizza it was yummy.. We will definitely be dining here again.

After dinner we headed over to the Comedy Club in the 2nd row, they were doing an improvisation show which was very good. From this we went to the Adventures Club which I wasn’t impressed with. 8-trax is OK if you like 70’s music and the Rock n Roll Beach Club would have been good if you were drunk – does that say something about it.

We caught the bus back to CBR and watched the election news.

Next :- MGM, Fantasia mini-golf and Fantasmic.

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter