• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kaylee & Alan Caribbean Beach Oct/Nov 2000 - Day 10

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report Day 10 – Seaworld and The DIS Meet

Day 10

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8

We caught the 7.35am shuttle to Seaworld this morning (only Alan knows why!), the park opened at 9am. Alan’s idea was that we would be first in queue – but able to get a coffee and muffin for breakfast. Little did he know there was no where to get any breakfast, so we waited and waited.

But we were first in and first in line for Kraken that was having temporary difficulties. So we headed for Journey to Atlantis which was a walk on, now I have a fear about water rides – I will not sit in the front. So we sat in row 3 and a lovely couple sat in the front, ha, ha. We came off absolutely soaked, although not as wet as the couple in the front. We decided as there was still no queues we would do this again – it is a great ride. Kraken was open by now – and wow this was an even better ride, again we did this 2 or was it 3 times in a row. One of our favourite rides of the whole trip.

The Shamu Show was up next, but Alan wouldn’t let me sit in the ‘Splash Zone’ – of course I am thankful now. We managed to get some great photo’s here, and headed straight off to the Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island Show, we only missed the first few minutes. This was a very funny show and we loved Clyde the sealion. Next up was the Intensity Water Ski Show – Alan liked this. It had water skiers, divers etc, kind of boring for me. We walked across the park to the Manatees: The Last Generation?. Manatees are my favourite, we saw them on the Channel 5 show – Seaworld anybody remember? Now I didn’t realise they were so big, on the show they must have only shown the babies. Alan got me a cuddly Manatee to squeeze in my suitcase to take home, now I realised a real one wouldn’t fit. I fed the stingrays and we visited Dolphin cove and the Penguin encounter too. Surprisingly I heard someone shout ‘Kaylee’ – now not a common name so I look around and there was Helen, my colleague from work who arrived in Florida yesterday. We hadn’t arranged to meet, but it was spooky we were in the same park on her first day. I gave her some hints and tip’s on what we found out in our first week.

We got the shuttle back to CBR around 3.30pm. We got changed and caught the bus to Epcot, walked through and caught a friendship boat to the Boardwalk. We decided to eat before the meet so got a table at the Big River Grille, now veggie choices here were extremely limited. I could have had chicken pasta minus the chicken or salad. Alan had Salmon and enjoyed the beer, we sat inside and I think you were either near the kitchen/server area or near the loos. I was not impressed with this restaurant at all. After dinner we headed up to the bar to wait for the meet. Now I figured at this stage I should have said ‘ I will be wearing ……..’ because all I had was a list of people’s names and I hadn’t a clue what they looked like. Fortunately the guy sitting next to me at the bar said ‘Are you waiting for someone?’ This was Don Dolittle and Family, his wife Sue and Son’s George and Alfie. We were chatting away and it seemed like we had followed each other for the last couple of days as we visited the same parks. I think it was George who was great chatting away about what he had done. We didn’t see anybody else looking like they were looking for someone. Don and his family were buzzed for dinner so Alan and myself went to do some shopping and arranged to come back once they had eaten for a drink. We walked up to the shop and I managed to get some Chip and Dale beanies and Goofy and Minnie Mouse mints. Alan picked up THE biggest coffee cup ever and I managed to get a tape of the Fantasmic music in the sale.

We headed back and had a chat with Don and his family, I think Alfie was showing us some of his double-jointedness. We never did find anymore Diser’s though. Don and his family headed back to there resort Dixie Landing’s (still waiting for a report on this Don) whilst Alan and I walked up to Seabreeze Pointe. This was another option where we could have been married, it was very pretty. We caught the bus from here, at about 11pm – we heard the end of Fantasmic – which for some reason was sowing really late that night. We changed buses at Downtown Disney and went home to bed.

Next :- Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom and Pleasure Island.

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter