Kathleen Kennedy is OUT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
There is a great disturbance in The Force.

Kathleen Kennedy has “decided to spend more time with her family”. She will be stepping down as President of Lucasfilm at the end of September.

The spin is as follows:

-This has NOTHING to do with The Last Jedi

-This has NOTHING to do with Solo’s box office

-What boycott?

-Lucasfilm always planned on its leader stepping down in the middle of production on Episode IX

My source is the same YouTube channels who predicted the Solo boycott. So if you don’t believe in the Solo boycott you can simply discount this rumor as well.

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kennedy and will soon see the end of Rian Johnson’s trilogy.

Last edited:
There is a great disturbance in The Force.

Kathleen Kennedy has “decided to spend more time with her family”. She will be stepping down as President of Lucasfilm at the end of September.

The spin is as follows:

-This has NOTHING to do with The Last Jedi

-This has NOTHING to do with Solo’s box office

-What boycott?

-Lucasfilm always planned on its leader stepping down in the middle of production on Episode IX

My source is the same YouTube channels who predicted the Solo boycott. So if you don’t believe in the Solo boycott you can simply discount this rumor as well.

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kennedy and will soon see the end of Rian Johnson’s trilogy.

Can you say posturing?

Well Disney hasn’t announced anything officially, so I’m not going to give this a ton of merit until that happens.

ETA: if I will hard enough and believe, will Iger step down as well?

ETATA: I googled this and there’s speculation floating around, but it looks to be mostly from fan sites. So I still stand by my skepticism

Last edited:

I'm not seeing this being reported anywhere. If she is stepping away, I doubt it really has anything to do with any those things you mentioned. One financial failure would not cause Disney to fire her. It would be a shame if she does step down since it would send the wrong message and embolden the boycotters. Solo's failure comes down to timing and marketing, and that's about it.

I'm not seeing this being reported anywhere. If she is stepping away, I doubt it really has anything to do with any those things you mentioned. One financial failure would not cause Disney to fire her. It would be a shame if she does step down since it would send the wrong message and embolden the boycotters. Solo's failure comes down to timing and marketing, and that's about it.

Yeah, it's mostly spreading through the rumor sites, and even most of those are loading a heap of disclaimers into their feed.

It might be true, and it's still a little early for cali, from where the heavy media will pick it up, but right now, it's just smoke. If there's anything to know, we'll likely know in a couple of hours.

Still, don't really understand how Snyder managed to sink an entire franchise out of the gate, and kept going for as many movies as he did, yet Kennedy is supposed to be out after just one misfire.

http://theweek.com/articles/775857/dont-fire-kathleen-kennedy-over-solo

https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kennedy-leaving-lucasfilm-star-wars/

But I suppose you guys will just argue theweek.com is a Star Wars fanboy site.

Go to YouTube and search “Kathleen Kennedy fired” and you’ll find at least 10 videos. But those don’t count, right?

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe

If you read either of those, you'd note neither is saying she has been fired. One is an editorial calling for her not to be fired, the other is just saying "here's some noise in the fandom world." Yet here you are accusing everyone else of believing what they want to believe.

If you read either of those, you'd note neither is saying she has been fired. One is an editorial calling for her not to be fired, the other is just saying "here's some noise in the fandom world." Yet here you are accusing everyone else of believing what they want to believe.
Yeah this title to the thread is misleading and inaccurate. This is way more of a speculation than a sure thing at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter