• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just wondering

tcp0421

DIS Veteran
We live in Tampa. Only a little over an hour to get to Disney. Used to live in Pennsylvania. Our family would fly to Disney every year. Now since we live so close it doesn't seem so exciting to me anymore. I came to the conclusion its because we are not staying at the resorts. So I need some suggestions. First wondering how crowded MK will be on Monday. That is if that is still the day the new fantasy land is opening. If I wanted to get the "Disney" feeling which resort would be the best. We have stayed at all the moderates in the past but maybe they have changed since we have been there. Open for all suggestions here. I need the feeling back. :(

My parents live in PA, but I have moved down to Charlotte a little over 4 years ago. Its great being a bit closer to the magic. I think the MK tends to have more crowds on Monday in general, but there are ways to get around that. I've found having a plan, but still allowing flexibility when doing rides is a great way get everything done even with the crowds. We have stayed at almost every single resort on property, only missing BLT. I'm not sure which one gives us the most "Disney" feeling. I do know that when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Villas, it did not feel like Disney to us at all and we won't be staying there again. I have no idea why either.:confused3 I'm not sure what your price range is but I've found the deluxe resorts to be my favorite with POFQ to be the favorite of the moderates. We felt like we definitely got our money's worth with POFQ. It really depends on what you are looking for which will determine the best resort. For example, I really want to have an outdoor feeling when we go down in December so we're going to stay at Wilderness Lodge. This probably wasn't helpful in figuring out where to stay, but its my advice.

Well according to Touring Plans from the Unofficial Guide to WDW, Monday (Nov. 19) at MK is going to be and 8.2 out of 10, so it will be heavy traffic. Not to say, you won't have a good time, just you will have to be strategic about where you want to wait in line.

Where to stay depends on how much $$$ you want to shell out. I've always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian, but usually don't want to spend the $$$. My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom lodge, but last trip we stayed Port Orleans and for the money it was a great value. If you don't do the Disney dinning plan, they I would look into the Swan or Dolphin. Hope it works out for you!:cool2:

Singinglizzie said:
Well according to Touring Plans from the Unofficial Guide to WDW, Monday (Nov. 19) at MK is going to be and 8.2 out of 10, so it will be heavy traffic. Not to say, you won't have a good time, just you will have to be strategic about where you want to wait in line.

Where to stay depends on how much $$$ you want to shell out. I've always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian, but usually don't want to spend the $$$. My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom lodge, but last trip we stayed Port Orleans and for the money it was a great value. If you don't do the Disney dinning plan, they I would look into the Swan or Dolphin. Hope it works out for you!:cool2:

Yes the Grand Floridian would be my first choice if I hit the lottery, but of course that's not the case. Although we are only going to spend two nights. I think in that case I would Get the Disney feel plus Christmas. Thank you.

chemnerd09 said:
My parents live in PA, but I have moved down to Charlotte a little over 4 years ago. Its great being a bit closer to the magic. I think the MK tends to have more crowds on Monday in general, but there are ways to get around that. I've found having a plan, but still allowing flexibility when doing rides is a great way get everything done even with the crowds. We have stayed at almost every single resort on property, only missing BLT. I'm not sure which one gives us the most "Disney" feeling. I do know that when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Villas, it did not feel like Disney to us at all and we won't be staying there again. I have no idea why either.:confused3 I'm not sure what your price range is but I've found the deluxe resorts to be my favorite with POFQ to be the favorite of the moderates. We felt like we definitely got our money's worth with POFQ. It really depends on what you are looking for which will determine the best resort. For example, I really want to have an outdoor feeling when we go down in December so we're going to stay at Wilderness Lodge. This probably wasn't helpful in figuring out where to stay, but its my advice.

Actually the pofq was the first moderate we stayed at so maybe that is a great idea. Thank you.

We live in Tampa. Only a little over an hour to get to Disney. Used to live in Pennsylvania. Our family would fly to Disney every year. Now since we live so close it doesn't seem so exciting to me anymore. I came to the conclusion its because we are not staying at the resorts. So I need some suggestions. First wondering how crowded MK will be on Monday. That is if that is still the day the new fantasy land is opening. If I wanted to get the "Disney" feeling which resort would be the best. We have stayed at all the moderates in the past but maybe they have changed since we have been there. Open for all suggestions here. I need the feeling back. :(
I suggest Wilderness Lodge. Great theme, amazing holiday decor, fun boat ride to MK. Hopefully you can score a decent Florida resident rate.

Upatnoon said:
I suggest Wilderness Lodge. Great theme, amazing holiday decor, fun boat ride to MK. Hopefully you can score a decent Florida resident rate.

We also are military . That rate is better but they may not have any rooms for the military rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter