Just when I decide on a resort ?????????????

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
I thought I had it all planned out. Made ressie's for my 15 night stay in June, and then all of these wonderful posts gets me to thinking. I now have a delima. I have the opportunity to rent points from a DVC member for my choice of the DVC resorts, the S/D has great rate for teachers, and I would love to stay at the WL. I know that any of these choices will be a step up from my current ressies at the CBR. What I need help in now is deciding. I would love to stay at any of these resorts, but now my head hurts from the decision. DH really wants to stay deluxe. So fellow Disney lovers, what should I do. I would even consider splitting my stay.:confused:

If you don't mind splitting it then that's what I would do. I'd start at the S/D, whichever one you choose, then move to WL. Or I'd go to the DVC resort first and then WL, but I don't think I'd pick the WLV since you'll be at the WL anyway. My reasons for putting WL is simply that from all the great thing I've heard you won't want to leave the resort once you stay there. You'll enjoy any of the hotels though so don't worry too much.

I like both the Swan and Dolphin alot. However...I like DVC <i>better!</i>

If you're happy to split, I would stay at either the BWV or BCV for the first part and for the Epcot location, and then tag on a couple of days at the end for the VWL. All the DVC Studio's are much more superior than just a normal room so if you want WL, don't bother with a regular room and then DVC elsewhere - just stay in the Villa's from the outset.

The teacher rate at S/D is a great deal! If you can get that for part of your dates, I'd go for it. And then maybe VWL on DVC points for the rest. If you're going for a studio, the order is less important, but if you're stepping up to a 1 BR, be sure to do that last! You'll be spoiled. :)

Or maybe keep the CBR reservation, hope for a GREAT discount, stay there the 1st week, and apply the savings toward a 1 BR at VWL for the end of your trip. Then you get to really go deluxe :)

It it just you and DH? If you have kids, will they mind sleeping in a sofa bed in a DVC studio? From what I hear, they're comfortable, but I just wanted to mention it.

Since you will be staying for so long, it would be a good idea to get an Annual Pass. It will pay for itself since you will be there over 8 days and you will then be able to take advantage of any good discount prices on rooms with it. You will only have to buy one, but if your entire group will be there that long, it would be worth it to buy all AP and then you all can go again before the year's up!! Hope this helps!! Enjoy:)

DisneyFan79- I do have an AP. We brought one last year on our 12 night stay. I knew we wanted to go back in 2003. Gee I think we might be there the next 3 or 4 years as I want to go back for my 10th anniversary in 2004.

Gillian- I do have kids. A DS age 7 and a DD age 4. I don't think they'd care about where they sleep, they just want to go back to Disney!

I'm not that interested in a 1 bedroom villa, but what is so great about the studios? Just hoping that someone who has stayed there can tell me!

I would definitely split your stay.

We have gone twice in June and stayed 2+weeks both times.

We usually stay at a mod the first week and deluxe the 2nd week. It really is fun!!

2000--8 days at PO-FQ and then 8 days at CR

2002--10 days at PO-R, 1 day at St. Petersburg and then 6 days at YC(we had free nights from joining DVC)

Moving is not that hard. I wouldn't do it for only a few days, but when staying a long time it's worth it.

We can't afford to stay at a Deluxe for 2 weeks:(

In 2003, we will be moving a lot
7 nights at BCV-studio
2 nights at Vero Beach
2 nights at ???(depends on AP rates-we are hoping for Poly)
5 nights at OKW 1 bdrm or BWV 1 bdrm

I would do WL first and then DVC resort!!

Have a magical trip!

:D

JulesMom- We do have money set aside for the extended stay at the deluxes, but I know that would cut into the food and shopping budget, and I want to shop. That's why the S/D seem so cool because at $129 a night standard or $178 for a view of the parks is so wonderful for us. The CBR with a waterview is $177 a night. I am really hoping for some codes or the AP discount to come out. I like shopping. I have already decided on 2 nights at the movies for the kids, but the next stop is where I start getting confused. I don't think that an extended stay at the ASMo would work. I've heard to many bad things about them. Thanks for the advice. I keep looking at POR, but wonder if it is too grown up for the kids

For us, the studio (BCV) was basically a hotel room with the benefit of a small fridge, microwave, toaster & coffee maker. It made a difference with a 2 year old. And because he was still in a crib, we had tons of floor space with just the 1 bed.

The BIG difference was the price, but your mileage may vary :) We stayed in a BCV studio in a low point time for DVC (Sept). Even at $10 per point, we paid less per night ($120 no tax sun-thursday) than the best rate for a BC or YC room (about $180 + tax). The points for BCV and VWL are the same, but the regular rooms at WL are cheaper, so it may not be a savings. Also, I think June is more points. I believe the VWL studios are bigger than the WL rooms, but I don't have the numbers.

If a BCV studio was about the same as the S/D teacher rate, I might choose BCV so we could use stormalong bay. My son likes the sand there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter