Just what does this mean?

grimley1968

DIS Veteran
Repo cruise?

What does that mean. I keep seeing it on here, and the only thing I can think of is "repossession". :lmao: That actually sounds like my first and only cruise so far, on The Big Red Boat, about 3 months or so before they went bankrupt.

Surely, there is a happier meaning to this word or abbreviation on here. Right?

It actually is short for reposition. Moving the ship from one port to another for a stay. So the Magic will reposition from Port Canaveral to Spain, spend 2 months or so in Spain and then reposition back to Port Canaveral. Those special cruises there and back are called repo cruises.

grimley1968 said:
Repo cruise?

What does that mean. I keep seeing it on here, and the only thing I can think of is "repossession". :lmao: That actually sounds like my first and only cruise so far, on The Big Red Boat, about 3 months or so before they went bankrupt.

Surely, there is a happier meaning to this word or abbreviation on here. Right?

The repo cruise is a repositioning cruise, meaning going to another home base port for a short time. Last summer the Magic went to California for a few months, so the ship was repositioned from Florida to California. Next summer (2007) the Magic will be repositioned to Spain as it's home base.

Hi Mary, looks like you were posting as I was typing, LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter