• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just To Make Things Clear......

davidsprincess

<font color=teal>Courtesy Loretta!! Courtesy!<font
we will be in Anaheim from Nov. 4-13, will DL be insane from Fri-Monday, or just on the 11th? Please advise!!

Is that Veteran's Day weekend? If so yes, the whole weekend will be pretty packed. All those little long weekends usually are.

Sounds like you should get all your must-do's in before Friday and use the weekend for shows, shopping, and pool-time if it's warm enough. We went over Pres Day weekend and it was packed, but very manageable. We were still able to do all the rides we really wanted by using FPs and an MM. Make sure you have PS in advance for any special meals you plan to do.

We usually go that time of year and it isn't too bad, heck it is DL it is always busy isn't it? Two years ago it was in the 90's but the crowds weren't that bad, this year we are going again and have fingers crossed for the same weather!

2 years ago, we went on Veterans day and the few days following... It was HORRIBLE>>>>> NEVER again.. I love DL., and we drive around 6 hours to go about 3 or 4 times a year. But that was not worth it. We took my grandkids, and they waited so long in every line, that they got cranky and tired, and so did the parents and grandparents.
Now if you want to go for just the magic of it, well, that will be ok, but if you want to ride a lot of rides, well....... The rest of the time is should be alright.
I love Disneyland, and I would go there everyday if I could, but I don't like it when you can hardly walk through the park

Thanks guys for the help. This was my plan for the time we are there:

Tuesday: arrive, swim, take nap, look around DTD

Wednesday: DL

Thursday: DL

Friday: DL and DCA with supper at Ariel's

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday: DL

Tuesday: DL

Wednesday: DL

I was going to play it by ear about DCA for the other days. I am not one for some of the rides :-)sick: ) and DD will only be 3. So that cuts out a lot of the rides. DH says that if DD can't go on a ride, then he won't either. I suspect that we will be spending a lot of time at PFF, FL in general and TT.

I thought about doing Knott's on the weekend sometime, but seeing the website and the Peanuts character made me :scared1: . For some reason they seem more scary to me than the Disney characters. :laughing: I will have nightmares for weeks after seeing them. I also thought about going to the beach, but at that time of year I don't know how great they will be. Will the water be warm enough for DD to play in? There is no way she will go the beach and not try to go in the water!

I hate planning trips! It would be so much easier if we were just going to spend the whole time at DL. I still haven't completely made my mind up about anything. I will not panic yet, there is still over 5 months to go.

Thanks again guys!

Just wanted to share my experience. We were at DL over Veteran's Day Weekend of 2007 and didn't find the crowds bad at all. The first Saturday of the holiday, they were filming the Christmas parade for ABC and Josh Groben was there. You would think the the crowds would have been horrible, but we were surprised to find that we had no problem maneuvering throughout the lands as long as we didn't try to get to Tomorrowland from Frontierland via the hub. We either took the train or walked the back trails through the various lands. We made use of some fast passes, but honestly, most of the attractions only had about a 15 or 20 minute wait all weekend long.

However...the food lines were outrageously long! :eek: And the crowds in the hub area during the fireworks made me feel like a canned sardine. :scared:

The only day that we experienced that shoulder-to-shoulder feeling, was Friday, Nov. 16th which was the offical opening of the holiday season. The daylight hours were manageble, but the night-time crowds throughout the entire park felt like the fireworks crowd of the holiday weekend.

The week days were wonderfully uncrowded. As others have mentioned...get as much done during the week as you can then just go with the flow during the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter