Just switched from WL to BC!

Redbudlover

DIS Veteran
I was all excited about AP rates for WL for my annual trip to WDW with my DGD6. I told her I had ressies and wouldn't it be great to take the boat to MK and she said, "Amah, is that where they have the pirate ship slide?" And I said no but it would be really close to MK. And she said, "my favorite park is HS and I really want to go on the pirate slide. Isn't HS really close to the hotel with the pirate slide?":rotfl:

I have to tell you I stood there with my mouth open... She is 6 folks and this is her 6th trip with me since she was 19 months old. But I had no idea she was absorbing all this. So do you think I am spoiling her? Am I taking her too often? I immediately called WDW and switched our resort to BC. OK pirate ship slide and HS - here we come! We leave one month from today!!!:banana:

I wouldn't worry life is to short, we are from the UK and DS7 has had 4 birthday at the world! He says he is not spoilt just lucky!
If you can change it to make it a trip she will not forget, then go for it, we have stayed at BC and I am with her, close location to 2 parks,
TTFN Jo

So do you think I am spoiling her? Am I taking her too often? I immediately called WDW and switched our resort to BC.

Nah .... thats like once a year. BC is great (although WL is my favorite) It's fun to try new resorts .... We've done all the mods and 6 of 8 deluxes. Have a great trip.
Now if you took her to DLR in CA .. that would be spoiling her :rotfl2:

Wonderful! You will LOVE the Beach Club! Great resort, great location!

Have a great time~!! :goodvibes

Isn't being a Grandparent SO much fun? If I'd realized how much fun it would be I'd have done that first! :rotfl2:

Have a blast spoiling your granddaughter, that's what grandparents are for.;)

thanks guys! I was worrying that a 6 year old who knows the different resorts and what they are close to has perhaps had too much experience! Or too much input into decisions... but of our whole family she and I are the only ones who love Disney so I talk to her about all parts of the experience including the resorts!

thanks guys! I was worrying that a 6 year old who knows the different resorts and what they are close to has perhaps had too much experience! Or too much input into decisions... but of our whole family she and I are the only ones who love Disney so I talk to her about all parts of the experience including the resorts!

I would just have to say it sounds like she's one that "Gets it" at an early age ... Most people I know don't "get it" and they can't seem fathom why I would want to go there (WDW and DLR) year after year ... yet they have no problem traveling to Hawaii or Mexico every single year for their vacation. :confused3

Have a great time at the BC! It was one of my favorite resorts when I was a (similarly well-informed) young girl too-- and still is! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter