• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just saw Monster's Inc.

deusEx

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I've seen shrek and it was a great movie. But i've just seen Monsters Inc. and have to say it's a magical movie. Pure Disney.

In regards to pixar making Toy Story 3, Disney should let Pixar do as they please as they know what they're doing.

Ecellent Excellent, Beyond Words. Blew my mind. Truely, the Star Wars Trailer was the best thing I've ever witnessed, Oh, And the movie wasn't bad Either.:D ;)

I liked Monsters Inc far more then Shrek (although I could see why some would lean the other way).
I think we've seen the makings of a great new E-Ticket during the film's climax. The Short was a riot as well. If Disney Knows what's good for them, they'll hold on to these guys.

We also just got back from the movie. I loved it. The audience was laughing the entire time and started applauding when it was over. The short before the movie was soooo funny. Go see it soon.
:D

My 12 year old son thought it was the best movie he has ever seen ,my 7 year old son thought it was great as did my wife .I thought it was good but,the Toy Story movies were better.

My family and I went to see Monsters Inc this morning. We loved it. This is the type of animated film Disney needs to continue to make. Not to give away anything, I loved how real they can make these creatures look, especially their facial expressions. Sully and Boo had some great scenes that really tugged at the heart and their expressions just accented the moment.

The short at the beginning is hilarious as well.

No contest.

Oh, and I agree Yoho. I have to see the new Star Wars film.

My whole family loved it. I was concerned because I haven't really liked the ads. I made a complete "about face" and would put it among the best family movies that I have seen in the past few years. I laughed more at Shrek, but this movie had heart, plot, and spirit from beginning to end. For the total experience, it is a much better film.

That very last moment as the camera faded out really got me. Very cool.

I think I understand why I really enjoy the Pixar movies. They have quiet, well written moments with action scenes that move the story along. Many other family movies seem to be all action, and only slow down for a moment here and there to let you catch a breath.

Well done, Disney and Pixar!

We saw it this morning...and when my husband gets misty over a kids show, I know it's a winner...Pixar pulls it out for Disney again...

Thank goodness for pixar...

:)
Robin

Glad to hear all the good reviews. We are thinking of taking the kids tomorrow. One question: Is the movie at all SCARY? We have been watching the previews for months and it never occurred to me that it might be, but the review in our newspaper this morning said "some scenes may be a tad scary for some toddlers". Our girls are 3 and 5. The 5 year old is going through a bit of a monster stage right now, and has a hard time getting to sleep at night. What do you think?:confused:

Mrs Mud, you'd really have to stretch to think this is scary...I have a 5 year old who adored it, but he loves scary stuff...It's really very funny because the monsters are afraid of the children. The scariest part is a lizard type monster that is the bad guy...he stresses you out a bit, but I didn't see one scared child in the packed theatre.

:) Have fun!! :)

The very last moment got to me, too, and I burst into tears just as the movie ended and the lights came on and my MIL looked over at me. I can't wait to see this movie again!

My DH and I saw it on Friday night, and we both loved it. Of course half-way thru the movie we were still hurting from laughing so hard at the Pixar short in the beginning. My folks went with us as well and they thought it was very good. The audience really got into it, and everyone ahhhh'ed at the ending. My local DS said that people were all giving it great reviews, and the merchandise was selling well(helps that they are giving away a kid's Monsters,Inc. shirt with a purchase of at least $25.00).

Fiver:D

Originally posted by YoHo
I think we've seen the makings of a great new E-Ticket during the film's climax. The Short was a riot as well. If Disney Knows what's good for them, they'll hold on to these guys.

My daughter and I said exactly the same thing--what a wonderful ride that moment in the film would make.

What "short" at the beginning??

Did my local theater pull one over on me?? We had no "short" here..............

But the Star Wars preview looked pretty cool.......................

For the Birds took place after the previews, but before the start of the movie. I believe every Pixar film except Toy Story has opened with a short subject.

Didn't ToyStory have the two old guys playing chess? The thing with the teeth? Or was that 2? I'm going to have to pull out the videos and check it out...For the Birds was hilarious! too cute! I can't imagine why a theatre would pull it...
:)

Originally posted by MrsMud
Glad to hear all the good reviews. We are thinking of taking the kids tomorrow. One question: Is the movie at all SCARY? We have been watching the previews for months and it never occurred to me that it might be, but the review in our newspaper this morning said "some scenes may be a tad scary for some toddlers". Our girls are 3 and 5. The 5 year old is going through a bit of a monster stage right now, and has a hard time getting to sleep at night. What do you think?:confused:

I would think it might be a little iffy for a three year old. I could see some three year olds not being scared. I think my kids would have been scared at age 3. My kids are 2,5,&7.

My 2 y.o. and 4 y.o. boys loved this movie. I went with the boys, my IL's and husband. We all loved it too. I laughed, I cried. I highly recommend it. I think Disney and Pixar should continue to make movies together. It would be a mistake to end their partnership. On a scale from 1 to 10 on Monsters, Inc. I give it a 20!!!!!

Took my 9 year old son, his buddy and my cousin. We all loved it. I will see it again. It seemed like a real Disney movie as there was alot of laughter without using jokes that I would have to explain to my son or be embarressed about . A good clean family movie for sure. We saw Shrek and my son got it for his birthday Friday. I like shrek but there are several "adult" type references. I am just glad Monsters did not turn out to be a loser. I hope it beats Shrek for the award for animated movies. It really deserves it!!:D

I enjoyed the movie very much (almost as much as the two minute short of the birds before the movie).

I did want to let Mrs. Mud know, though, that I went with six girls- 8, 7 (with a friend each) 5 and 3. The five year old was uncomfortable at several points and the three year old was pretty much scared throughout. I would agree with Robin that clearly this is a G-rated movie and not scary by any mature sensibility. However, think long and hard about your kids and their reactions to scary things- remember this is at a movie theater and vidoes that don't seem scary at home can scare the crap out of a little kid when you throw in surround sound and the big screen. Also consider that this is a movie about monsters trying to scare little kids with the focus a two or three year old girl; some kids might scare easier then Boo (the girl). Just sharing my experience- your mileage may differ.

DanG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter