Just Returned - We ate at....

Daisysmom

Mouseketeer
1. Hoop de Doo Review: Can't say enough good things about the food and the show. The kids absolutely LOVED it.

2. 50's Prime Time: So much fun - had Auntie Claire as our waitress. The food was wonderful. I had the pot roast (lots of food on my plate!) and it was very good. My DIL had the chicken pot pie and said it was excellent. The milkshakes and desserts are to die for!

3. Chef Mickey's: Had breakfast here. Lots of food, big variety, and our server brought me a cupcake and a signed placemat for my birthday. Enjoyed everything except the gravy for the biscuits. Need an Indiana girl like me to teach them how to make it!

4. Boma: Really disappointed because they couldn't find our ADR. Oh well, I ate there last year and it is one of the best dinners at WDW. Phooey.

5. Whispering Canyon Cafe: What can I say? Food, food, and more food. We ate till we were almost sick. Chocolate shakes, ribs, chicken, corn bread, etc.. excellent and our waitress was fun and nice. The only bad thing was my GS left his new disney Cars hat there and when I called no one returned my call to let me know if anyone had found it.

6. Riverside Mill at POR: Not bad for a food court. The food is pretty good, it is the waiting in long lines that kills you.

7. Columbia Harbour House: Had the chicken strips basket with fries and chocolate cake. It was good... not crowded either.

We were supposed to eat at Le Cellier, but couldn't get in until way late and the baby was just too cranky. Maybe next time.... :)

Thanks for the reviews...sounds like you had a great time. How good was HDDR? I am considering booking this for our first night and was wondering if my DS7 & DD3 would enjoy it. Do you think they would?

Our 4 year old and 7 year old absolutely loved the show! The entertainers come out into the crowd, and the kids get involved. It is humor they can appreciate. Even the baby (1 yr) enjoyed it - never cried once! You will be glad you went to it.

Daisymom,

May I thank you on behalf of all us for not making your baby sit through a too late dinner at Le Cellier! Before you know it, he or she will be in high school and getting a driver's license! ;)

Thanks for posting. We enjoyed the quiet of Columbia Harbour House too!

--penny
:goodvibes

Believe me, with a cranky 4 yr old and a crying baby, I knew better than to even try our 8:30 PM ADR at Le Cellier. No restaurant is worth going through that to me! Next time I will call earlier (or at least not when the Food and Wine Festival is going on), and get a 5:00 PM ADR. :)

So Boma turned you away?? that is terrible :(

Where did you end up eating?

Well, what happened is the lady who checked our ADRs at Port Orleans did not check to make sure they had MY name associated with the confirmation numbers (!!). 2 of them were incorrect, and Boma was one of them. We got to Boma at 6:50 PM for dinner, and they couldn't find our ADR (silly me thought there was no need to bring the number). They said we could eat, but that it would be almost 9:00 PM. I just couldn't make the little ones wait that long, plus I was afraid of not being able to get the bus back to POR. We ended up just going back and having a couple of quick items from the food court. What a disappointment. I really wanted everyone to experience Boma. :(

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews, sorry you couldn't get to Boma. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter