Just returned from Alaska 6/3-6/10 ... AMAZING

How very exciting!! We are dying to go on the Alaska cruise with DCL! Cannot wait to hear what you have to say. My question to you is, did you happen to see wild life? Whale sightings while on the ship. This is one of the biggest reasons I want to go besides the gorgeous scenery. :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed your cruise - I'm counting down the days to ours! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing all your tips - off to read your TR now. :wave2:

I have a question. What time did you arrive at Canada Place and what time did you actually get on the ship? Trying to get an approx idea of how long of a wait. Did you arrive at a crowded time?

Thanks, So looking forward to your trip report.

We stayed at The Sutton Place Hotel located downtown and about 4 blocks away from Canada Place. We had a PAT of 11 AM and requested a van taxi (to take all of our luggage) at around 10:15. Well, because most of the taxis are Priuses in Vancouver, vans were scarce--especially on a day with all the ships in port and they're busy taking the disembarking passengers places. Our taxi finally arrived around 10:45 and we were at the terminal by 10:55 (accommodating traffic). They began boarding the ship around 12:15 and we were boarding group 4, so we were having lunch by 12:45. And yes, the terminal was packed when we got there. I ended up sitting on the floor, but this was because we didn't realize there was another seating area at the back of the terminal (away from all the "action" but there were seats nonetheless).

How very exciting!! We are dying to go on the Alaska cruise with DCL! Cannot wait to hear what you have to say. My question to you is, did you happen to see wild life? Whale sightings while on the ship. This is one of the biggest reasons I want to go besides the gorgeous scenery. :goodvibes

I did! I saw a lot of dolphins and porpoises; I saw 1 humpback from my verandah, and I heard that there were 2 humpbacks sighted right where I had been 2 minutes earlier as we were entering Tracy Arm (I had gone to get lunch ... ugh!) I also saw some eagles. No bears, unfortunately ... and the ice and seals with pups kept us from getting close to the glacier ... so if I squinted hard enough on my camera I could make out the black dots as seals. All the other wildlife I saw was when I was out on excursions. Oh! And while I was trapped in Palo, I briefly spotted some orcas. The door wouldn't open out to the deck, so I scaled the windows like a mad woman trying to catch the fleeting glimpses of them. Wildlife is so unpredictable up there! Some folks will see a ton of great wildlife, and you might not see much at all. So, I'd be prepared--you will see wildlife, but how often/what you see/how well you see them really varied.

I updated my trip report, too! Check it out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126122

We have just booked the June 2, 2014 cruise and are soooo excited!! I will definitely be reading your trip report and absolutely love your packing list already!!

We saw whales from the ship on our cruise last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter