Just returned from a great trip!

Shelly S

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our trip March 24th - 31st. We had a fabulous time with excellent weather. We went to DL, DCA, Magic Mountain, Knottsberry, and Universal. We stayed at HJ on Harbor and rented a car from National. I am going to post a report, but if anyone has questions, ask away.

Shelly

please make them nice LONG reports ! :D

Ecross14.gif

How was the Howard Johnsons? Someone else recommended it to us. Clean? Does it have a pool? How far from the entrance is it, can you walk?

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}

I also would like to no about the Howard Johnson. We stayed there in August 99' and loved it. We stayed in one of the top floor pavillion rooms and have booked another for April of this year.

Sorry for the delay in responding. My computer was not working right yesterday. The howard johnsons was just fine for us. It was clean and we walked every day to the parks. It took us about 7 or 8 minutes to walk to the entrance. We did not find the walk to be long at all. There is also a shuttle but I can't tell you anything about it because we did not use it. Our room was standard on the third floor. The only problem was it was overlooking the highway and was very noisy. As soon as we got in the room we knew it would be noisy at night. We went back to the desk to see if we could change rooms but they could not move us till the next day. We ended up staying in the room and were able to fall asleep fine because we were so tired each day. I would be sure they did not give me a room on the highway if I were to stay there again. Other than that everything was just fine. There was a fridge in the room and coffee maker. Next time, I would probably opt for one of the hotels that is directly across the street to save a few steps, but I could not get one with vacancies that had a good price. We only paid $64 per night at hojo's. Hope this helps.

Shelly

I almost forgot yes it does have a heated pool, we thought it was too cold in the evenings but there were plenty of people using it.

Shelly

When you say that next time you would go for one of the hotels across the street, which ones do you mean?
Mick :D

There are a couple (at least) hotels right across the street. I stayed at the BW Park Place Inn last month - it was great! 5 minute walk to the park entrance. There is also Park Vue Inn which is pretty close, but I don't know anything about the hotel.... Someone else here probably knows of other places as well.

cuter - 39, works for and with abused children; DH 46 - school police detective.
WE WENT TO DISNEYLAND! 3-11-01 to 3-15-01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest