• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just put tix on hold for april break- is this price OK?

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
I am looking to go from Hartford,Ct during the April school vacation here and all available flights seem to be booking up. I think I could wait til Southwest posts fares for April, but I'm not sure I have the nerve! We are flying direct on USair on Fri and returning on 10 days later on Mon, both midday. Total fare for Adults : $296.50, and $287.50 for kids. Zowie- when we went last October the fares were half that much! This is going to put a serious dent in our vacation budget :(

Wow those rates are high!! I fly out of BDL all the time and never pay over $200. I noticed in doing searches that US Air lately is way higher than Delta. Did you check the Delta price and was it that high too?

As far as I can see this is the best rate, even when I look at the prices for a plane switch....I checked out all the websites on the Bradley airport websites. I even looked at alternate airports....the wildcard is Southwest. I know they are a pacesetter for prices, so if I wait I may get a lower fare, but I also may go crazy waiting- so maybe the best thing is to buy, then watch the fares to see if I am eligable for a voucher? I could fly out of NY and pay half as much, but that is a LONG drive!

We have been watching those Bradley prices too and have not committed yet! They are way high this year! Will watch a while longer and hope for the best!!! Also going during the April school vacation.

lovingthemouse...went thru onetravel.com and got a rate of $205.50 on United, with the itinerary that I want, so I bought them. We are pulling the kids out of school Fri and Mon so those are our travel days and we get a full 9 days of vacation in between. I know if I waited the rates might have dropped, but when it comes to school vacation week when time is so precious, I just want my tickets in my hot little hands! Good luck!

and looking up prices on US AIR out of Maine.....and I saw that they were sold out on three of the flights.....I PANICKED...and that is putting it mildly....so I called our travel agent the next day and she told me she had no idea why....
but they were either sold out....or if we traveled to Manchester NH......very expensive.....so we have decided to do a tuesday to tuesday trip and we are going .......continental....and the price is 277.00....but we will take it....last year it was 260.00.....

We fly out of Bradley to Florida quite frequently. On Delta Express, they allow you to book one way fares to Florida 331 days in advance. If you are going during school vacation, I've always found that you need to book ASAP to lock in a decent fare. So I count back 331 days from the date of departure and book the one way down on that day. Then I wait until 331 days before the return to BDL and book the return one way. I closely monitor the Delta fares and I've NEVER had them come down for President's Week or Easter vacation week. Other times of the year yes - but those 2 weeks NO.

Of course, now that I've given my advice, I have to admit that I did not follow it myself for a trip during February school vacation next year. I waited until middle of April to book and I'm paying $300 per person r/t. I checked Delta's web site yesterday (I'm Medallion so I can see all of the available seats) and the flight looks to be sold out. I think they still hold back seats for gate check-in because now the fare is well over $900!

Thanks to these boards, I'm only paying $111 r/t for our upcoming August trip from BDL to MCO.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

We flew out of Logan this past April vacation week and got $250 R/T on AA which was a non-stop flight. I thought that was a great deal. Of course, I booked 11 months out. When I checked that flight a few months after booking, the price had gone up tremendously on that same flight. Believe me, don't hesitate booking for April vacation week. I think it's one of the busiest weeks to fly to Florida from anywhere in New England.

Believe me, don't hesitate booking for April vacation week.....it's one of the busiest weeks to fly to Florida from anywhere in New England

If you are going during school vacation, I've always found that you need to book ASAP to lock in a decent fare"

Thanks Linda/MA and Poly Pal! Now I know I did the right thing! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter