Just ordering coffee at Be Our Guest Breakfast?

nolawave

Earning My Ears
Is it ok to only order coffee at Be Our Guest for breakfast or does every person in your party have to order an entree? Thanks!

Its not a normal ala carte type quick service --it is a "package menu" which I think will require each reservation to pay the full price.

Notes
Breakfast begins with a pastry tray for the table to share, followed by one entree per person, as well as a selection of self-service beverages.
Adults $28.00.

Appetizers/Starters
Pastry Tray, - Comes with meal, one per table
Entrees
Assorted Cured Meats and Cheese - Alpine-smoked ham, Serrano Ham, Sopressata, and Cheese with Marmalade, Fresh Fruit, Toasted Baguette
Feast a la Gaston, - Scrambled Eggs, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Chicken Sausage served with Fresh Fruit
Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, - Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie cheese and Arugula on a toasted Baguette served with Fresh Fruit
Croque Madame, - open-faced ham sandwich topped with a fried egg, Gruyere cheese, and becahmel served with fresh fruit
Scrambled Egg Whites, - served with chicken sausage, roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Fruit
Vegetable Quiche, - Mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and Chive Quiche served with Fresh Fruit
Croissant Doughnut, - fried doughnut topped with Banana-Caramel Sauce, Pastry Creme, and Chocolate Ganache

You should be able to order just coffee. They have the system for you to input your order in.

Its probably frowned upon though, unless you're going with someone else, due to taking up a table with "just" coffee.

So far you can just order coffee. Last year we ordered 3 adult meals for 2 adults and 3 kids, and shared the pastries.

I won’t be surprised if they change it at some point though.

Its not a normal ala carte type quick service --it is a "package menu" which I think will require each reservation to pay the full price.

Notes
Breakfast begins with a pastry tray for the table to share, followed by one entree per person, as well as a selection of self-service beverages.
Adults $28.00.

Nope. It's been this way from the very beginning. We all just knew they would require everyone to order, but they didn't and never have. You don't even have to order coffee. You could just go in and buy a Mickey straw if you want to.

Its probably frowned upon though, unless you're going with someone else, due to taking up a table with "just" coffee.

And nope to this one as well. They really don't care. In fact, if you don't order breakfast and just get coffee, their job is much easier since coffee is self-serve.

Notes
Adults $28.00.

Appetizers/Starters
Pastry Tray, - Comes with meal, one per table
Entrees
Assorted Cured Meats and Cheese - Alpine-smoked ham, Serrano Ham, Sopressata, and Cheese with Marmalade, Fresh Fruit, Toasted Baguette
Feast a la Gaston, - Scrambled Eggs, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Chicken Sausage served with Fresh Fruit
Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, - Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie cheese and Arugula on a toasted Baguette served with Fresh Fruit
Croque Madame, - open-faced ham sandwich topped with a fried egg, Gruyere cheese, and becahmel served with fresh fruit
Scrambled Egg Whites, - served with chicken sausage, roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Fruit
Vegetable Quiche, - Mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and Chive Quiche served with Fresh Fruit
Croissant Doughnut, - fried doughnut topped with Banana-Caramel Sauce, Pastry Creme, and Chocolate Ganache

Nope, so since the morning BOG opened for breakfast guests have been able to order whatever they wanted, as much or as little. The fixed cost looked like it was an requirement right up to the first day, and then BOG allowed folks to treat it like any other counter service restaurant.

You should be able to order just coffee. They have the system for you to input your order in.

Not frowned on at all. In fact while all of us were contemplating BOG tightening up the requirements, the restaurant added cupcakes to the breakfast menu so guests were able to have a cupcake and coffee for breakfast. This is a CS restaurant for breakfast and lunch, and has been running like one. Anyone who wants a cup of coffee and who has an ADR can enjoy it without guilt.

No one cares. We didn’t order anything. Unashamed to get the reservation just for early access to seven dwarves mine train.

No one cares. We didn’t order anything. Unashamed to get the reservation just for early access to seven dwarves mine train.

Isn't breakfast a table service? Did you just say no thank you when the waitress came over to take your order? Or did you make the reservation, but not show up?

Adults $28.00.

Seriously? $28 ??? I didnt pay attention because I was on the dining plan, but there are many other places I would choose if I were paying $28 OOP. My meal was very cafeteria like and not even good (Quiche).

upload_2019-2-17_21-4-9.png

My daughter got a box of fruitloops (she was 11, so paid an adult dining credit)

upload_2019-2-17_21-1-56.png

And my husband got ??? It was room temp at best.
upload_2019-2-17_21-3-7.png

upload_2019-2-17_21-7-58.png

I would MUCH rather go to these places......

Kona
upload_2019-2-17_20-56-52.png

Grand Floridian Cafe

upload_2019-2-17_20-58-23.png

Seriously? $28 ??? I didnt pay attention because I was on the dining plan, but there are many other places I would choose if I were paying $28 OOP. My meal was very cafeteria like and not even good (Quiche).

View attachment 383104

My daughter got a box of fruitloops (she was 11, so paid an adult dining credit)

View attachment 383102

And my husband got ??? It was room temp at best.
View attachment 383103

View attachment 383106

I would MUCH rather go to these places......

Kona
View attachment 383099

Grand Floridian Cafe

View attachment 383100

OMG according to the website, that bowl of fruit loops was $15! I wonder how many people actually pay out of pocket for breakfast here??

Last edited:
I've paid OOP for breakfast there. It's not bad. I think I got the kids meal (forgot what though) but it came with chocolate milk. Lol.

No judgment, but I bet it is only a matter of time before enough people do this in order to get into the park early (or just to see the inside of the castle) and Disney changes the rules just like they changed them for dinner.

If they do they do. I rather doubt this will happen because rather than enforcing everyone to order the fixed cost entrée. BOG added the cupcake option. This additional does not look like a restaurant that wants to raise revenues by having a fixed cost entrance fee.

The difference between dinner and breakfast is The Beast.

No judgment, but I bet it is only a matter of time before enough people do this in order to get into the park early (or just to see the inside of the castle) and Disney changes the rules just like they changed them for dinner.
There were tons of people eating and i didn't see anyone who appeared to be doing what we were doing so i doubt it's a big time thing... it was just something that happened to work for us because we had a breakfast meal plan at shades of green and i wanted to maximize our fast passes by getting on seven dwarves mine train early without needing to scamper. It worked perfectly. We were on the second train of the morning on monday and Thursday we were 10th in line for peter pan.

There were tons of people eating and i didn't see anyone who appeared to be doing what we were doing so i doubt it's a big time thing... it was just something that happened to work for us because we had a breakfast meal plan at shades of green and i wanted to maximize our fast passes by getting on seven dwarves mine train early without needing to scamper. It worked perfectly. We were on the second train of the morning on monday and Thursday we were 10th in line for peter pan.
Well now the secret's out. Genius! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter