Just off the Dream Sept. 4-8 a Canadian's View

banjoe

Earning My Ears
Well this is a first cruise for myself and both DD... DH has been on a boat before. We had a check in time of 11AM and were there early since we used the Park n Cruise service. Cudos to them for less then half of what disney charges we parked, got on a shuttle and were at the port and checking in by11am. We got boarding number 4 so were on the boat and eating lunch at Cabanas by 11:45am. The kiddies were riding the Aquaduck by 12:30.

Our room was a deluxe verranda was fantastic and I do not think i would ever be able to do an inside cabin from being spoiled with the views we had. The girls (8 and 10) did the club everyday and had fun, they both had sign out privilages and it worked out well. Our house rule was both in both out or else the sign out goes away and they managed to do this without killing each other.

We had Sheree(server) from the Philippines and Francesco(asst. server) from Spain as our wait staff. Lubo from Bulgaria was the one in charge of it all at the restaurants. As a trio they worked very well together and I could not have imagined better service. I felt the genuinely cared about what we thought of the food and made sure the girls where treated little princesses.

Our room steward was fantastic and within an hour he knew my family unit and everyone's names. He would inquire where the others were by name I was blown out of the water by this as I have a slight name issue(can barely remember my own never mind a bunch of strangers over few days). His name was really different but he signed the girls autograph books as Ike from Bali Indonesia.

To top of a great 4 day trip out at sea we were chosen as a Magical Famliy and were given one of the round booths at the Enchanted Garden. Many different kinds of snacks sent to the room. We received a plate of cookies, a cheese platter, and a plate full of petit fours with chocolate covered strawberries. We were also treated to a package that included float, snorkel equipment and bike rentals on Castaway.

Any questions fire away....keeping in mind my vacation is not finished as we are doing Universal Studios and the first Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 13 so I will answer just may take a day or 2.

How did Castaway Cay look? I know the most recent hurricane went over that area. Was the island still incredibly beautiful?

Castaway:worship: was very beautiful and showed very little damage I was expecting to see bare trees ect. but all was fine. Keeping in mind this was my first trip out there.

Many different kinds of snacks sent to the room. We received a plate of cookies, a cheese platter, and a plate full of petit fours with chocolate covered strawberries. We were also treated to a package that included float, snorkel equipment and bike rentals on Castaway. ...

Thanks for the review.
I was wondering, did you get that stuff sent to the room because you were the Magical Family or did you buy/arrange that on your own?

Hope the rest of your trip continues to be great!

Thanks for posting!

May I ask what cabin you were in?

That is awesome that you were chosen as "the magical family" Do they pick so many a cruise or something?

Thanks for the review. We are going on the Dream in May and I am so excited. Can I ask what shore excursions you did in the Bahamas and if you did anything at Castaway Cay? Also did you all dress up for Pirate night? Pics? What percentage of the boat do you think dressed up?

The treats were sent due to us being a magical family....You could how ever order most things thru room service. How we were chosen .......clueless......how many also unsure but i am sure we we were not the only one since when the girls recieved thier stuffed animlas he has several other packages to deliver since I was in the room at that time.

We booked room 10548 and I thought it could not have been better a port side room yes just under the main pool deck and did hear some nioce in the morings when the crew out out the deck chairs for the day but other then that quiet. We were mid ship'ish a little forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter