Just off the Dream 2/2

kwright868

Earning My Ears
Not going to do a full trip report but couldn't help but share some thoughts on our 4 night on the Dream.
My husband, 9 yr old son & I stayed at the Residence Inn at Port and it was great! Friendly service, clean spacious rooms and a super comfortable bed! We ate at Fishlipps that night - very good food, great view, friendly staff. Lots of locals there but visitors should feel very welcome as well.

We drove to port (so we could get right on the road after the cruise). Pulled into the port @ 11:00 (we had the 11:00 AM port time online), showed our ID's, dropped off the bags, checked in (#4 boarding number) and were on the ship by 12:15.

Our stateroom was very nice ,7004, one of the newly designated 9C. Yes the porthole was sloped but there was plently of extra space everywhere. For instance, the entrance area (bathrooms on one side, closets on the other) was at least 6 feet wide. And it was NOT a handicap accessible room.

Our stateroom attendant was very nice & efficient. Not very talkative but that was fine. Our room was spotless at all times and the towel creations twice a day were such fun.

We never had to wait more than 10 mins for the Aquaduck ever. The pools were somewhat crowded but not bad.

Our servers were great! Morat and Alex. Alex (the assistant server) was especially nice and did magic tricks at the table each night. Morat gave great food suggestions and kept us informed on what the next night will bring. The food was very good through out!

THe kids clubs were great. Our son had a blast. Plus we let him go to the movies (Muppets) by himself during the at sea day and he thought that was pretty cool and grown up.

Castaway Cay was great! (Get there early for the best seats and try for the middle of the beach- a great suggestion from one of the cocktail servers on deck).

Pirate night was cool- despite a minor altercation between a woman & security right by stage during the show. Unfortunate for the kids to see (expecially when she gave the crowd the finger) but the show went on and the fireworks were great.

We were off the ship by 7:30 AM on Thurs and on the road by 8:15.

A wonderful trip! And no complaints!

So glad you guys had a great time! The one thing that we didn't do the last time was go see a movie so that's something we're planning on doing this time. Plus, last time was a four night, this time is a five night--two stops at CC!!!!

Great mini-report. We leave in 20 days for our own adventure with a 8 year old son. Can't wait. :banana:

:thumbsup2I'm really glad you had such a good time! I was reading some reviews from a while ago and they were all very poor. Especially about the food service. Perhaps that's changed. I haven't been on a Disney Cruise yet and those reviews were really starting to worry me but your review has helped put some ease to my anxiety. Thanks!!

It is great to hear you had such a good time. It makes us second guess ourselves sometime about our choice to go when there are many not so great reviews. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the nice report...glad you enjoyed the Dream! We sail on a double dip in June...counting the days! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter