Just made the easiest Fudge ever!

lynxstch

I Love Figment
:cold: what better to do on a snow day?

Happy Holidays to all my DIS friends..just had to share this Rachel Ray (from Food Network) recipe for 5 minute Fudge...just made it..and it is even easier than the marshmallow fluff fudge I usually make..and takes less ingredients..enjoy!
INGREDIENTS
 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
 1 cup butterscotch chips
 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
 8 ounce can walnuts, plus more for topping
 1/2 cup raisins or dried currants (a couple of handfuls)
 candied red and green cherries to decorate top (like holly)
 softened butter to grease an 8 inch round cake pan
1. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with softened butter. Pour the chocolate and butterscotch chips, condensed milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
2. Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and put it in the center of the round cake pan.
3. Stir the chips and milk until they melt together, about 3 minutes. Stir in nuts and raisins. Scoop the fudge into the cake pan all around the plastic-covered can in the center to form a wreath or ring shape. Let it be all bumpy on top. Keep pushing the can back to the center if the fudge moves it away from there. Cut the red cherries in half with scissors and the green cherries into quarters. Use the green pieces to make leaves and the red to make holly berries. Decorate the fudge with several groups of holly berry sprigs made from the cherries and garnish with walnuts between the sprigs.
4. Put the fudge in the fridge and chill until firm. Remove the can from the center, then loosen the sides and bottom of the fudge with a spatula. Cut the fudge into thin slices to serve.
To give the wreath as a gift-wrap in cellophane and secure with a bow or ornament.

Variations:
White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio
and Cranberry
 Substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, 1 1/2 ounce bag plus 1 cup.
 Substitute 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shelled natural pistachio nuts for walnuts.
 Substitute 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries for currants.
Goober and Raisinette Wreath
 Swap butterscotch for peanut butter chips
 Swap large whole peanuts for walnuts used in original recipe (such as peeled Virginia Peanuts)
 Swap 1/2 cup large raisins for currants in original recipe

Yes, I have made this fudge four times so far! Very easy and yummy!

Sounds great. Thanks for posting the recipe. :)

I made this too. I added marshmallows and walnuts for rocky road fudge. At the last minute I decided hmmm cream cheese always makes things yummy so added a block of cream cheese. WOWEEE was it good. It never set up like fudge (next time will try adding less cream cheese) but it was very gooey and it was gone in a day at my house.

I was just thinking that marshmallows might make it even better: now I am hungry! :goodvibes

We do it with marshmallows, shredded coconut, walnuts and a tsp of almond extract. Don't use a pan but drop it by a teaspoon onto wax paper (on a cookie sheet). For the colder climates you can stick it outside for about an hour and it hardens right up. Stick a whole bunch into a pretty christmas container (great tubs at walmart for $0.50) and you have a great gift for the school office, the gym teacher, the librarian - the people you want to remember but don't necessarily want to break the bank over.
Its so easy that the little ones can help with the teaspooning. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter