Just Horsin' Around June Exercise Challenge

Our TEAM and lovesmurfs have both hit Walking Blue! What a great start to the month! Congrats! :flower::flower::flower:

And, I finally found the name of Walt's polo horse. Actually, the names of his seven ponies. "Walt Disney became interested in polo in 1932 and enlisted several Disney staff members and his brother Roy to join in. Walt eventually had a stable of seven polo ponies, named June, Slim, Nava, Arrow, Pardner, Tacky, and Tommy. The Disney team competed in matches at the Riviera Country Club against such luminaries as Spencer Tracy, Darryl F. Zanuck, and Will Rogers. The film Mickey’s Polo Team reflected the Disney staff’s interest in the sport." (from the D23 site)

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith and sophy1996 for reaching Walking Blue! :jumping1: The entire board is now blue!

One of my favorite horse scenes in any Disney movie is the carousel/fox hunt/horse race scene in Mary Poppins. Michael is even riding a blue horse, making this a fitting tribute to our all blue board.

9eafb5d5c4ceb9238621d4b7f233fd73--carousel-horses-mary-poppins.jpg

Carousel Scene:

Fox Hunt:

Horse Race:

Bonus: here's a clip of Mary Poppins and Bert riding the carousel in Disneyland.

Adding 63 minutes for Tuesday. I am really bummed that I didn't get up and walk today. But I picked up this horrible cough and yesterday started the congestion. So this morning I decided to rest. I am feeling pretty crummy so today might be a day of rest.

396/1350

Yesterday I did not do much. I am still getting over my cold and needed a day to just rest. I am doing much better today so I think I will be back at it tomorrow. Yesterday I only got 11 minutes.

407/1350

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!