Just Got Word... Atlantis Is Not Happening!!

Mickeydad

A wise man once said... "You're where you are toda
Just spoke with my CM and he told me that the Atlantis deal fell through. He didn't get details from Management, but basically read me a memo that said Atlantis could not fulfill there end of the deal.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Mickeydad :wave:

Interesting development. I wonder what they couldn't do to hold up their end of the deal? Thanks for the info.

HBC

Well this is it, I guess it is time to sell. :earboy2:

All kidding aside, they should have not announced Atlantis being added to the DVC listing until the deal was completed.

Do you think we can trust the AP deal?

I also do not think that an announcement should have been made until the deal was closed, bummer.

My guess is the costs were too high, even for DVC. Frankly, I'd rather DVC not offer it than offer something so ridiculous as to not be reasonable. Oh, I forgot, that applies to the entire CC offering.

I remember reading a post on another thread where someone already went there and was giving a review. Is that possilble?

That's too bad. The Atlantis on DVC points would have been the only thing to get us back to Nassau.

Luigi's Girl said:
I remember reading a post on another thread where someone already went there and was giving a review. Is that possilble?
I think that was a non DVC trip but remember Atlantis (Harborside) was on the DVC exchange list until a year ago.

chalk it up with the rest of the resorts that never come thru ...like marriotts maui ocean club... :rolleyes:

wdwstar said:
chalk it up with the rest of the resorts that never come thru ...like marriotts maui ocean club... :rolleyes:
Which is on the list of DVC exchanges. DVC typically doesn't add new resorts for a couple of years.

By Dean:Which is on the list of DVC exchanges. DVC typically doesn't add new resorts for a couple of years

Which is WHY we stand a snowballs chance in .... of getting it!
Even YOU have said , "go thru Tug, etc or get an exchange"!

I don't see some of the "goings on" about exchanges from DVC.
They get our hopes up on Atlantis, then a no go...
Why even bring it up until it is "Set in stone"?????

Atlantis is a nice place, (went there last yr), and would have liked to stay with pts if it was not too high.... OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!! :guilty:
Deerh

deerh said:
Which is WHY we stand a snowballs chance in .... of getting it!
Even YOU have said , "go thru Tug, etc or get an exchange"!

I don't see some of the "goings on" about exchanges from DVC.
They get our hopes up on Atlantis, then a no go...
Why even bring it up until it is "Set in stone"?????

Atlantis is a nice place, (went there last yr), and would have liked to stay with pts if it was not too high.... OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!! :guilty:
Deerh
No doubt Maui Ocean club will be tough to get but it is on the list. There will be times like May, Oct and Sept when it is possible OR on short notice at times.

does anyone know if they'll be adding other resorts then ?? it seemed as of they took about as many resorts off the concierge list as they added new....i know doral was one they removed....

so i would think they would have to add something to replace atlantis ??

Dean said:
My guess is the costs were too high, even for DVC. Frankly, I'd rather DVC not offer it than offer something so ridiculous as to not be reasonable. Oh, I forgot, that applies to the entire CC offering.
:laughing:
Good point.

BJK said:
does anyone know if they'll be adding other resorts then ?? it seemed as of they took about as many resorts off the concierge list as they added new....i know doral was one they removed....

so i would think they would have to add something to replace atlantis ??
I think you can expect DVC to continue to add the top resorts in II after a couple of years from opening. Basically when they start showing up as exchanges. I wouldn't be surprised for Atlantis (Harbourside) to show back up as a DVC-II exchange and I know for certain they are reevaluating that option. I got the definite impression DVC has made a conscious decision to keep the CC about the size it is now. Thus if they add much, expect them to remove about the same number but it doesn't have to be exactly one for one every time. Doral was available through both CC and II, it was destined to go.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest