• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got sci fi for next week

casperthegm

Mouseketeer
Wife and I have been fanatically searching for a slot on 5/19 since the 60 day mark. We just now found a lunch slot and a dinner slot. It could be an aberration, as sometimes people cancel or change plans leading up to a trip, but I do wonder if Disney either is, or will be, adding more slots with the added capacity. Anyway, it shows there is hope for those in a similar situation.

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for it for 6/11. I have Mama Melrose booked currently but have head great things about Sci Fi.

Congrats on finding the ADR. We have one for lunch the first week of June, but now I started wondering if they are starting to put parties together in the same car. Having our own car was a big draw for us to finally try the place. Has anyone heard about the seating?? TIA

I could be wrong, but I don't think the have ever put parties together in one car. At least our party of 4 in a half dozen visits.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the have ever put parties together in one car. At least our party of 4 in a half dozen visits.

In the past they have put parties of 4 in the first two rows. Last row for “hitchhikers”, that is separate parties for 1-2. Traveling solo pre-Covid, I was most often seated in the last row behind other parties.

With Covid distancing I had the car to myself. When things settle to pre-Covid practice, I expect to return to “shared” seating with the hitchhiker in the last row.

wow! We must have been lucky in the past. I stand corrected.
I expect you just have great timing! Lol. Probably there when they didn’t need to seat any parties of 1or 2.

It’s not as big an issue as it would be elsewhere since there are separate rows and everyone is facing front. If it happens in the future you will be forewarned... the waiter usually asks if the nice party I’m sharing with will pick up my tab!

wow! We must have been lucky in the past. I stand corrected.
Super lucky! One time, we even had to wait a really long time after our ADR time because I asked to be in the front of the car, so our little ones could see easier.

Was this pre or post COVID that you shared a car??
Our Sci-Fi visits were all pre-Covid. We've been trying to get an ADR for June with no luck.

Was this pre or post COVID that you shared a car??
Shared car was definitely pre-COVID.

Dined there as a solo with COVID protocols in place and had a car to myself. But I expect as they decrease social distancing and increase attendance in the parks, they will begin seating parties together again.

I will be there solo again in July... interested to see how they are seating then!

Super lucky! One time, we even had to wait a really long time after our ADR time because I asked to be in the front of the car, so our little ones could see easier.

Our Sci-Fi visits were all pre-Covid. We've been trying to get an ADR for June with no luck.
Before we had our DS, we swapped with a family with kids so they could sit at the front. We were both being seated at the same time. It worked well. Hoping for that same pixie dust for our first kid visit this summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter