Just got back this week from Disney

While I will agree that there are some first rate rides at Universal there is no comparison for the overall experience between the two parks. The rides themselves are not what make me return to WDW

We found Universal to be OK, but too many thrill rides, not enough easy family rides. My husband can't do the intense rides as they make him very sick (Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey had him puking and out for the rest of the day) so we found very little to do together. To me, Universal seems geared to more intense thrill seekers, while WDW caters to families with small children and 'ride pukers' like my husband.

We like both companies, but will spend more time at WDW than at Universal. I do agree that the stage (and hat) need to go at DHS, but we love the rest of the theming there, especially the animation area. Feels like old-time Hollywood studios to me. It's so quiet there and relaxing. I don't think a theme park needs to be in your face all the time, and that's how a lot of Universal feels to me. I hate hearing the screaming roller coaster people in Hogsmeade.

ITA. Certified ride puker here. One reason I love WDW so much is that I can actually ride 99% of the rides. We won't go to Universal until our daughter is much older and taller, but it won't be that much fun for me. I won't be able to ride much of anything!

While I will agree that there are some first rate rides at Universal there is no comparison for the overall experience between the two parks. The rides themselves are not what make me return to WDW

I disagree. I thought the overall experience of my last vacation to Universal was just as great as the experiences that I have had on my Disney trips. Different experiences, but just as good as the other. I love Disney and now I love Universal, too, and am glad that I will be able to take vacations to both in the future. :love:

I disagree. I thought the overall experience of my last vacation to Universal was just as great as the experiences that I have had on my Disney trips. Different experiences, but just as good as the other. I love Disney and now I love Universal, too, and am glad that I will be able to take vacations to both in the future. :love:

I have to agree with you. It all depends on what type of experiences you prefer. Our family is not big on parades, fireworks and musical shows. We don't really don't like to just sit and watch things. Thus Universal is by far our resort of choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter