Just got back from AKL

dizneydiva2005

<font color=teal>But there were crab legs!!<br><fo
I booked a standard, but got a free upgrade to savannah view. :banana:

As lovely as the resort is ~ we checked out the next day and returned to our home away from home resort... The cabins at Ft. Wilderness. We're just not at disney until we're at Ft. Wilderness!!!

On our recent trip, we also had booked standard and received an upgrade to savannah view. We really enjoyed waking up and seeing the animals walking around.

Did you just book for 1 night at the AKL or were you disappointed and switched back to Ft. Wilderness?

To answer your questions. We weren't disappointed with the AKL per say. It was a long walk to our room. But we've been to disney so many trips and our memories are at Ft. Wilderness. I'm just NOT at Disney unless we're there. We've tried all stars, Dixie, OKW, WL and AKL but Ft. Wilderness has our hearts.
The room at AKL was very nice, but it's just that a room. At the cabin you have so much more space, and freedom to hang outside on the deck... a place to sit and watch TV~ or lay in bed watching tv. I love renting a golf cart and love the quiet of the pools there.
Ft. Wilderness is truly our HOME away from home. :thumbsup2
I will say waking to the animals was neat!! But Ft. Wilderness was calling me back. :goodvibes

I'm going through my Disney withdrawals. This time last week we were having a yummy dinner at Kona's. :love: Man, I'm bummed. I wanna be at Disney!!!

I truly believe that once you have experienced that MOST magical moment on any visit, that it continues to call you back. That is why there are so many different opinions on these boards about where is the best place to stay. We say, it is wherever your heart leads you and you will be the most content. Glad you and yours could go back there. DW and I are so looking forward to being back at the WL where we are extremely happy. That is one reason why Disney is so overwhelming, because it has such a variety to offer to everyone. Congrats again on getting your wish :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about the cabins, we love them. Especially in December when it's nice and chilly out. The whole cold weather, camping, fire pit thing is such a novelty for us. We're from Fl.

We're only doing a weekend this Dec., at AKL, and while I love AKL, I know I'll miss the cabins (and the whole week we usually spend there at Xmas time).:guilty:

It's funny though, I got the same "homey feeling" at the Poly. Maybe it's the bigger rooms:rotfl: . Or the unbelievably good french press coffee at Kona. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter