Just got back 3/17-3/22

Orangeballer

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have 3 boys, 8, 9, and 10 and we aren't big roller coaster people.

Friday 3/17
Arrived @ 9:15 and checked in to POR
Boatwrights for lunch
Bus to AK
Dinosaur FP+
Nemo Show
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Rapids FP+ (very disappointed in this)
Safari @ 5:45 FP+ (Awesome and I think we saw every available animal)
Lion King Show
Dinner @ Boma (very good and different)

Saturday 3/18
Bus to DHS
Check In for Jedi Academy before RD
Cinema Ride
Launch Bay (5 min waits for Kylo & Chewy)
Star Tours
Jedi Academy
Lunch @ ABC Commissary
Muppets 3-D FP+ (Don't need a FP)
First Order March
Pics with Goofy & then Chip & Dale
Indiana Jones Show
Toy Story FP+
Frozen Show
Dinner @ H&V (Really good and 5 character pics!)
Fantasmic
End of Galactic Spectacular

Sunday 3/19
Beauty & the Beast Movie @ DS @ 10 AM
Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich
DS until 2:45
Bus to Poly
Monorail to MK
Railroad to Frontierland
BTMR FP+
Country Bear Jamboree
Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise FP+ (big disappointment after doing the safari @ AK)
Pirates FP+
Boat to Wilderness Lodge
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon (Great experience & BBQ)

Monday 3/20
Bus to MK
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
7DMT FP+
Lunch @ Harbour House
Philarharmagic
Teacups
Speedway
Dumbo
Buzz Lightyear FP+
Carousel of Progress
Peoplemover
Dinner @ Tony's Town Hall
Wishes

Tuesday 3/21
Bus to Epcot
FEA
Mission Space FP+
Spaceship Earth FP+
Lunch @ Lotus Blossom
Countries up to Japan
Dinner @ Coral Reef
Nemo Show
Rest of the countries
Soarin' FP+
Figment
Illuminations
FEA
Mexico
Found my parents legacy tile

Wednesday 3/22
Bus to DS
Shopping @ lunch @ Art Smith's Homecoming (excellent!)
Boat back to POR
Bus to Airport
Home

We be tired!

Sounds like a busy, but fun, trip! :-) Great to arrive early to get a full park day in! We love the jokes on Jungle Cruise! They are corny, but cute!! Definitely hard to compare this to the safari, as they are two totally different rides. I've yet to eat at Homcomin! The menu sounds yummy! Very cool that you saw your parent's legacy tile!!!

Amazingly, I'm kinda over the Jungle Cruise as well. Our skippers the past few years have been very ho hum, and its soooo dependent on your skipper. Its a nostalgic ride, but I think its kind of a waste of an FP and standby these days is always too long, imo.

Just an FYI...
Jungle cruise and AK Safari are two totally different things. The animals are real at Animal Kingdom and they are simply mechanical on JC...

Just an FYI...
Jungle cruise and AK Safari are two totally different things. The animals are real at Animal Kingdom and they are simply mechanical on JC...

That's exactly my point. After doing the Safari the Jungle Cruise was a massive letdown. I'd suggest doing the Jungle Cruise first if possible.

That's exactly my point. After doing the Safari the Jungle Cruise was a massive letdown. I'd suggest doing the Jungle Cruise first if possible.

Actually, you made hardly any points. All you did was list an itinerary.

Dan

Glad you had a great trip! Personally, I honestly don't see a connection between the two. Jungle Cruise is all about the puns and awkward jokes, it's satirical, not meant to actually be about animal viewing, whereas Kilimanjaro Safaris is supposed to be like an actual safari in Africa, all about seeing real animals in their "natural" habitats. Two completely different rides.

Was this your first trip?
It sounds like you fit in a lot! Hope you enjoyed yourselves!

Last edited:
We did Jungle Cruise 3 times last month. 1st girl was soso, 2nd woman was just awful, poor delivery on the jokes, miss judged the spraying elephant and got the back of the boat wet (all senior citizens who were not amused). Then ride 3 we would have had #2 again. She asked if we could just wait till the next boat. The skipper was great, good timing and really funny.

My wife and I have 3 boys, 8, 9, and 10 and we aren't big roller coaster people.

Friday 3/17
Arrived @ 9:15 and checked in to POR
Boatwrights for lunch
Bus to AK
Dinosaur FP+
Nemo Show
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Rapids FP+ (very disappointed in this)
Safari @ 5:45 FP+ (Awesome and I think we saw every available animal)
Lion King Show
Dinner @ Boma (very good and different)

We be tired!
How did you like POR? What building were you assigned? How was your experience with the buses?

How did you like POR? What building were you assigned? How was your experience with the buses?

We did like POR but spent very little time there besides sleeping. We were in building 24 which is about as far away from the main hub as possible but just a very short walk from the West Depot which was awesome. We were usually the first stop on the routes to and from the parks which meant that we were almost always seated. They have a cart that can transport you and your luggage to and from your room to the lobby and we felt it was definitely worth the tip we gave the driver. We also enjoyed being close to DS and being able to take a boat there. The only downside was the size of the resort which meant longer wait times on the buses leaving the parks and DS due to the number of guests at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter