Just getting a drink & appetizer?

DisneyJoo2008

DIS Veteran
Hi All

We went to Sci Fi in summer and I LOVED it!

I mainly loved the theming, my oreo milkshake and my appetizer! The main course was yumm, but not wow yumm! Are we able to go back and just order a drink and appetizer each? I wouldn't want to if its 'frowned upon'! We're going back in Nov.

Thanks, Julie xxx

Hi All

We went to Sci Fi in summer and I LOVED it!

I mainly loved the theming, my oreo milkshake and my appetizer! The main course was yumm, but not wow yumm! Are we able to go back and just order a drink and appetizer each? I wouldn't want to if its 'frowned upon'! We're going back in Nov.

Thanks, Julie xxx

We are not fond of the main courses at Sci Fi so we often do the milkshake and onion rings for our meal. The CM's have never acted any differently towards us.

I've never been to Disney (yet) but I do this in restaurants all the time and no one has ever cared.

It's no different from any other restaurant, just because it's at WDW. Order whatever you want!

We had coffee/dessert only at CRT back in 2005 (before they switched to a set menu). The trip was to celebrate our childrens' birthdays, which are 15 days apart. Our son's birthday was our last day, and I ordered a cake from Flame Tree BBQ (manager actually went and picked up the cake from another location personally, and then refused to accept payment for it!). We picked a day to celebrate our daughter's "unbirthday". Our friends arrived a few days after we did, so we picked their arrival day as her "unbirthday" and made reservations for CRT. They knew when we made the reservation it was just dessert and coffee (chocolate cake and coffee for the adults, the kids all had sundaes). They had even decorated the table with mickey confetti.

Celebrating their birthdays with their best friends at WDW were certainly happy memories for them. You can feel free to order just drinks/appetizers or desserts, whatever you want!

A lot of the time I'll just get appetizers and dessert instead of an entree. I've never had a problem.

We always stick to shakes and onion rings at Sci Fi. It worked fine last month. A year ago, however, our waitress was snippy and annoyed with us. She wanted us to be on the DDP, using our TS credits and providing her with a nice tip (this was before WDW stopped paying the tip with DDP). She was most unpleasant.

Heat does funny things to my appetite and when I was in Disney in August, there were many times I would order just soup and a drink. It was perfectly fine. Have a nice trip!

Thanks so much everyone!!! :hug:

I mentioned this idea to Mum last night and she said that seems like a better idea - she's not a big eater at lunchtime you see!

So I'm going to try and get an ADR for Sci Fi - I know its late, but its worth a go!

Thanks once again!
xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter