Just found this on another board

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnblue

DIS Veteran
I can't believe people are trying to pass this off as a tip.
Found great way to avoid the lines
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our family has found a great way to go to the front of the lines. It also got us front row seats at Illuminations even though we showed up 10 minutes before it started. It was just wonderful not having to wait in those long lines. All that we did was rent a wheelchair and took turns ridding in it. By the end of the first day the kids were actually fighting over who was going to ride in the chair next. I thought that I should just share this with all my friend's here on the board. I have learned so many insider tips here but I don't think any of you have thought of this one. Take care, Minnie
posted 02-11-01 04:02 PM

The Moderators closed the thread. I think they should have deleted it.

I think it's once again someone trying to stir up trouble. I was so upset after last week's episode that I promised myself I won't let ignorant people get to me so much. Please don't let it get you down either.

cindglobe_10536.gif

[This message was edited by sncbird on 02-11-01 at 05:28 PM.]

One worksite that had physically handicapped individuals referred to the "helpers" as TABs!

TAB stood for Temporarily Able-Bodied.
You never know what tomorrow will bring!

I have had two different people complain to me about never meeting their insurance deductibles!
I responded count your blessings!
We always meet ours with the various medical problems in our household!
One of the two had cancer last year and had a lot of problems -- she came to me one day and admitted she had no idea of the stress and difficulties I had dealt with all these years.

Some of these people who think it is fun to fake disabilites will see the reality of it someday and regret the "faking".

Linda

Do you think that was a legit post or someone just trying to stir things up? We all know most lines are mainstreamed and we know we have to get to the Illuminations early to get a good spot. So who is the poster trying to kid? People who think there is an advantage to being in a w/c are clueless. They only imagine the "benefits" of using a w/c.

Nanajo DVC 8/98

Offsite 5/78
Contemp 11/85
BWV 3/99
OKW 11/99
BWV 3/01
OKW 11/01

If they went during a non-busy time, they may have been able to get places for Illuminations 10 minutes before time in the handicapped viewing. But that would be no advantage since you could get places right up to the fence almost anywhere for Illuminations 10 min. before if it's not busy.
I do know that the "Unofficial Guide to WDW" still says you can get into most rides with no wait if you are using a wheelchair (obviously, they didn't check that one out since the change to mainstream lines). I haven't looked at that book in years, but they used to imply that if you wanted to avoid lines, renting a wheelchair was a good way to do it.‡

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

The particular post that you guys are referring to really bothered me also. Just for info the moderators deleted the thread. I came over to this board to see if it was sent over here, I wanted to give my 2 cents to the post and say how upset it made me.

Boy, this one sounds like a real weiner. Yanking people's chains must be some sort of sport these days! lol I'm thankful the moderators pulled the plug on this one. No sense giving someone like that a platform and a microphone.

kernden

Just got back. Rented the ECV for my good friend who has lupus. She wouldn't touch it at first and she made me ride it to the park - felt a little guilty for "using it" and not being disabled myself (even though it was just to keep it available to her) but she finally gave in and used it some herself - we had an absolute BLAST and it was the best vacation ever!!!! THe ECV helped conserve her energy (mine too, truth be known!)We couldn't have done it without it.
AND, not once did we use it in a line (we qued up with everyone else), or use it for a "prime" viewing spot (they were all taken anyway from what we saw ).
But if you were at Disney this past weekend and saw two "old ladies" dressed in Jasmine type outfits, checking out Epcot countries and drinking beer...that was us.... :D Great time, great time. Going again next year....

I am a large person, though I'm not bound to a wheelchair. My last two trips to WDW though after all the walking hurt my hips and back so badly that I ALMOST rented one. I felt terribly guilty and my son was willing to pay for the rental hisself. I limped thru WDW and I kow that I would have enjoyed my trip a lot more had I just brike down and rented one. I am at this time planning on another trip, and I'm already dreading whether to have to rent one for this trip or not. I've lost some weight since my last trip, so I'm hoing that I'll be able to do it without the wheelchair rental. Reading this above post makes me feel even guiltier over whether to rent one or not. My Lord has given me legs that can walk, and to "fake" it to just try to get to the head of a line is so sad. I'll pray for this person.

mick_spin.gif

fostrmom2mny, don't feel bad if you need to use a wheelchair. If you would be in pain without one, you are just the sort of person who SHOULD be renting one. WDW is a huge place that involves a lot of walking. There are many people who have no trouble get ting around in their everyday life, but WDW is just to much for them to manage. They should use a wheelchair or ecv and not have to feel guilty about it.
The few people who are faking will make their payment for faking at some time, now or later. And, th e way things are set up at WDW, they won't have had any advantage to using a wheelchair because you wait in line with everyone else whether or not you have a wheelchair.
PS. That post must have been deleted fairly soon after this one started because I looked all over and couldn't find it. ˇ

SueM in MN

fostrmom2mny,

By all means use the assistance that's there for you. God did give you legs but your hips aren't in perfect shape. If you're in pain you won't enjoy yourself. Life is to short not to make the most of it.

I only need a wheelchair for long distances. It's taken me 2 years to decide to go to WDW with my husband and 2 kids (4 & 5). I finally decided I don't want to struggle and worry about how much farther the next attraction is. I want to enjoy myself as much as I can!! You absolutly would NOT be abusing the system. You have a legitimite need for a wheelchair. Don't feel bad about it!!

Go, use a wheelchair or EVC, relax and most of all enjoy yourself!!!

Puffy - I'm so excited your trip went so well. You are one great friend!!! Thank you for sharing you story with us. I've read all your threads prior to your trip!!!
cindglobe_10536.gif
:cool:

I heard my name mentioned. Someohow I lost my Care Medical link on my notes, but I have a ll the others that people have posted renting from:

SueM in MN

For those of you who missed this person's posting yesterday here's a refresher:
--------------------------------------------------
Our family has found a great way to go to the
front of the lines. It also got us front row seats at Illuminations even though we showed up 10 minutes before it started. It was just wonderful not having to wait in those long lines. All that we did was rent a wheelchair and took turns ridding in it. By the end of the first day the kids were actually fighting over who was going to ride in the chair next. I thought that I should just share this with all my friend's here on the board. I have learned so many insider tips here but I don't think any of you have thought of this one. Take care, Minnie
posted 02-11-01 04:02 PM

----------------------------------------------
This person is obviously is playing a sick game and gets his jollys by getting us upset. Do not give this person any information about EVC's or anything else since they don't need it. We have better things to do than to get sucked into this person's warpped way to get their kicks.

sncbird

:mad: :mad: :mad:

cindglobe_10536.gif

Well at least now we know this was just a very sick joke. I say we stop posting here so this "person" doesn't get anymore of the attention that he/she was looking for.

No one should be ashamed to use a wheelchair for whatever the reason. They should be ashamed when they abuse the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter