Just for fun, what could Disney do to incentivize direct purchases?

I’ve even seen Disney make that mistake, so you’re in good company.

I was a (semi?)finalist for the Disney Parks "Mom's" panel a few years back, and realized AFTER submitting my video that I referred to "Cinderella's Castle". Utterly mortified, I'm sure it cost me my slot. :charac2:

I was a (semi?)finalist for the Disney Parks "Mom's" panel a few years back, and realized AFTER submitting my video that I referred to "Cinderella's Castle". Utterly mortified, I'm sure it cost me my slot. :charac2:
I just read a book about Florida to my kid and it called it Cinderella’s Castle. Ugh. A library book, no less. The world has no standards.

I like the exclusive character meet and greets, they would need to be available daily and at all resorts and I mean all, including GCV, Aulani, Hilton Head, etc.

Some other items:
  • Surprise daily gift in your room. They are entering daily for security checks anyway, why not leave a nice little surprise?
  • A special level annual pass that is only available to those that buy direct, not even to Florida residents. You can choose if you want no blackout dates or water park access perhaps.
  • Offer a pass level that is valid at all Disney owned theme parks world wide
  • Add photopass entitlements for all direct DVC members regardless of ticket type or if they even have tickets.
  • Automatic upgrade to Maxpass being included on all ticket types when it comes back to DL (and the same if it comes to WDW)
  • 50% off a cruise (cash or points) every so many years
  • Exclusive access to Minnie Vans (for a fee would be fine, but more reasonably priced than it was and only available to direct DVC purchases)
  • One free counter service meal per night on any reservation booked exclusively with direct points. If you book without banking or borrowing, you can trade for one free table service meal with tip included (if ADR availability becomes an issue, you can only book it with say 48 hours). No alcohol included though.
  • Offer a free AP for anyone in the members immediate household, up to 6 people when purchasing direct with a minimum purchase of say 150 points. You only get the vouchers once when purchased and must assign names then and there and are non-transferable, but have the normal amount of time to be activated. And you can pick if you want WDW, DLR, etc.
These are great ideas. Even something simple like free photo pass/memory maker for all DVC members would be a great incentive. It’s another way to take our face away from our phones, and simply enjoy the parks.

facebook twitter