Just curious....repeat cruisers?

cruiserkaren

DIS Veteran
After reading these boards for a while it seems like most have been on numerous Disney cruises. I was just curious about the number of repeat cruisers on Disney ships in general. Anyone know the numbers? Are most past passengers or first timers?

I'd love to cruise Disney with our DD. We have been on 9 cruises (6 Carnival, done with them btw, 3 RCL, 1 NCL). Only 1 with our DD though, she just turned 2. Is it like once you go Disney, you'll never go back?

Don't know actual numbers but this should tell you something.

On our first repeat cruise the Castaway Club party (for repeat cruisers) was held in Sessions which is the smallest of all the lounges. When we went on cruise # 4 it was spread out over all three of the lounges in the adult entertainment area. On cruise #7 this past September they held it up on deck 9 by the Goofy pool to accomdate everyone!

I think it's pretty safe to say that most people feel as though once you cruise DCL you're hooked. I know that the DH and I have cruised once before, and are excitedly awaiting our 2nd cruise. We do not have children, but wouldn't think of sailing on any other line.
As far as repeat cruisers go...I think that the fact that the check-in line for Castaway Club members is sometimes longer than the regular lines says a lot about the fact that most people are returners.

Hi,

Wow, I am sure you'll get a huge response on this one! <BG> Unfortunatly, it seems very hard to get folks without kids t try DCL, but once they do they love her. DCL is the nicest cruisehip you can go on for a quick 3 or 4 night getaway. I have sailed on the Wonder many times myself and I have also had the privelage of sailing during the inaugral year of the Magic way back when. I sail RCCL alot now too, cause it's cheaper, but my heart will also be with DCL!

Mmketeer...sailing again on Feb.2nd! :Pinkbounc

cruiserkaren said:
Is it like once you go Disney, you'll never go back?
As far as we're concerned ::yes::
ship.gif

My family has been on three DCL cruises since August 2003, with number four booked for August 2006. Granted, we have never been on any other cruise line, and at this time, I have no desire to try any other cruise line. I enjoy the family atmosphere and family entertainment that DCL provides.

We have been on 7 cruises all being with Disney Magic/Wonder. Six of the trips were before we were parents - one with our a 21 mth old daughter 9/1/05 and one more 4 night in the works for 9/3/06. I considered checking out another cruise line but actually had a fear that we would be on the "other" ship and be SAD that we were not sailing Disney. Just the other day I saw a news story about how FEMA's plan flopped to provide temp housing on cruise ships for areas hit by hurricanes . It showed a cabin on one of the other ships. I could not believe my eyes. The colors inside the cabin were brown and red and there were two twin beds in an L shape with a wooden end table in the corner. The room looked dark and dreary with bedspreads that looked like they were made in 1950 and original ones used on the maiden voyages. Even the lamps were ugly. I would have been disgusted to open the cabin door and see what I saw on TV. I had to replay the clip on my TIVO a few times because I was in dis-belief!!! Granite this was only one cabin on one ship (don't even know which one) and there are some beautiful ships out there but I guess I willl never see the inside of them and that is fine with me!!!!! I think even if I was lucky enough to win a sweepstakes for an all expense paid cruise aboard the a competitors ship I would miss seeing the Disney Dreams show and Captain Mickey and that magical feeling that Disney brings.
As a kid I would always cry when leaving Disneyworld- as an adult I feel the same way when I walk off the ship!!

We just got off the ship yesterday Sat. Oct.1, at the Castaway Club Thankyou party Capt. Thord said there were about 900 repeat cruisers on our ship and the cruise from the week before.

I've done four cruises this year, 3 were DCL and the other was Royal Caribbean (for comparison purposes), and I'm going again in Nov. I would cruise other lines (I'm cruising RCI the first week of 2006), BUT ONLY if they were going to ports I couldn't reach through DCL. Disney is home as far as I'm concerned and I would rather cruise the Magic or Wonder than any other ship, regardless of the abundance of "amenities" on the other cruise line's ships. There is just something about DCL that makes them special (and makes me feel special when I'm cruising with them) and I'm not even sure it's anything I can put words around. It just "feels" right.:earsboy:

Bill, blow off that RCL cruise ::yes:: and join us on the 1/14/06 Western........we have single women on our cruise ;)

DCL is all we need right now for our family. The kids love it...we love it...why try anything else when you have the best? :) It does feel like home even though we have only been on The Magic twice with a third cruise coming up in a couple months. We might try another line when they get older...but I wont promise anything. ;)

whome? said:
Bill, blow off that RCL cruise ::yes:: and join us on the 1/14/06 Western........we have single women on our cruise ;)

whome?

Ah-h-h-h-h, you DO make that 01/14 cruise sound interesting ;) !! The only reason I'm on the RCI cruise is to get to Jamaica and do the canopy tour (well, that and the fact that I booked the RCI for less than half what I would have paid for DCL's New Years Western). Sure wish I could do it from a DCL cruise, though!

I just lurked your cruise meets thread and it looks like you've got a lively bunch there! Hope you all have a great cruise!::MickeyMo

i will be going on my 19th disney cruise 10/29, and again 12/17 and again 2/4 ,and then the 10 day in sep and then 10/14, havent cruised with anyone else, maybe some day,

Just had to reply to the above post from bengals01....DH and I are HUGE Bengals fans!! We're about 2 hours from Cincy. DH has pictures of him when he was about 2 years old (now 28) with all of his Bengals gear.

Who Dey think gonna beat those Bengals? NO ONE 4-0!!!! Finally we can get excited! I apologize for being a complete dork!

Thanks for the replys, very interesting. Hopefully I'll be on a Disney cruise sometime next year.

My DH and I cruised RC first (w/o kids), then I found a deal on a DCL (with kids) a year or so after 9-11 when rates were cheaper. I was surprised how much my DH bragged about DCL being better, cleaner, better food, less smoke, etc. He refuses to go to WDW, but anytime I find a deal for DCL he says "book it". Just think - less smoke, less drunks, less gambling, more soda!

Mmketeer said:
Wow, I am sure you'll get a huge response on this one! <BG> Unfortunately, it seems very hard to get folks without kids to try DCL, but once they do they love her. DCL is the nicest cruise ship you can go on for a quick 3- or 4-night getaway. I have sailed on the Wonder many times myself and I have also had the privelage of sailing during the inaugural year of the Magic way back when. I sail RCCL a lot now, too, 'cause it's cheaper, but my heart will also be with DCL!

Mmketeer...sailing again on Feb.2nd!
[/url]

I'm so happy to read your post, mmketeer! My partner and I are booked on our first DCL sailing for 1/22/2006 on the Wonder. We were a little hesitant about booking on such a family-oriented ship (children - especially large numbers of them - not being our favorite denizen), but were persuaded by posts such as yours that assured us there's plenty to do for big kids, too, such as us.

We've sailed happily on Norwegian, Holland America, and Princess and are interested to see how DCL will compare. It's our first voyage in the Caribbean together and we thought a 4-day Wonder would be long enough to experience DCL without committing to 7 days aboard if we didn't fancy it.

It sounds like you're sold on it. We'd better like it enough to do it again as the tab for the pirate costumes is adding up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter