Just curious - more TS than accounted for in DDP?

FosterLovesMickey

Ready for Disney......
I'm just curious - how many people actually do more TS meals than are allotted in their DDP? We are actually doing 9, whereas we have 7 credits ... makes sense to pay OOP, as opposed to upgrading to the DxDP - but I was wondering if people are typically sticking with the allotted #, or if they add to (and, I'm not just being ridiculous and excessive... lol).

For us, the reason for adding was that DH & I wanted specific dinner reservations - yet, for the girls - I wanted a couple of character breakfasts. And, for some reason my 12 y/o has become obsessed with having breakfast at Disney (crazy b/c she rarely eats breakfast, other than grab and go - but I can't count the # of times she has asked about 'sit down' breakfasts... lol).

Just curious ... Thanks!!!

I paid for two OOP meals on our last trip because there were just too many things we wanted to do. I was happy with the decision. We didn't want as many as we'd get under DXDP, but we wanted more than DDP gave us. It only cost me about $200 more, which is a lot less than DXDP would have been.

We will be paying for 2 extra TS meals out of pocket. We did more than our allotted amount last trip, too.

We will probably pay for 50s PrimeTime lunch and Crystal Palace breakfast OOP. Those would be the cheapest meals, I think. (Our others are Jiko dinner, Tusker House lunch, Chef Mickey's dinner, and Be Our Guest dinner).

Whew ... looks like I'm in good company! I was starting to think that maybe I was just being ridiculously extravagant... lol

Yes, in looking at the menus - looks like we're looking at about $200 'extra' too... but, it still fits in our budget much better than DxDP!

CP breakfast is one of our OOP, as well.

When using the DDP I typically book one or two more credits worth of ADRs than I have credits. I do this partly because we want those meals and partly to make sure that we've got a backup use for our credits should we need to skip an ADR for any reason (in all of our trips it's only happened twice, one due to a CM mess-up and one due to a CM sprinkling some major pixie dust on us for an alternative). I pay OOP for meals towards the end of the trip.

we did more than 7 TS's during our week, but had extra credits. MY ds10 didn't even want lunch one day, so we saved a credit.

At other times, he only wanted things off of the kids menu, so we would pay OOP for them.

I would have paid OOP for extra ts's if it didn't work out the way it did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter