Just Checked into Vistana on Saturday

fill out the diamond lane request NOW - it might already be too late for it.

if you are checking in this friday.

You can check in early then go to the parks, explore the resort- believe me this is a big resort with lots of stuff to do and see - if your room is not ready.

if you arrive late please sure to call the resort so they know you are still coming - otherwise your room can be given to someone else (most of the time the resort thinks of 'no shows' than guests arriving late). So anytime I arrive after 8PM I definitely call - but check with the resort - some want you to call if you arrive after 6 pm.

Also everyone says arrive early, they say check in is not until 4:00. Shall I assume they will let you check in earlier than that? Or atleast keep your bags until something would become ready? Help?
Mven,
Yes, you can check in earlier. We've arrived as early as 11 am. Vistana can store your luggage as well as any perishables you might have. They have a refrigeration storage room.
The earliest we've ever been able to get into our room was 2 pm. But this was during slower season (late Nov). The latest we've ever gotten into our room was 6:30 pm. I waited patiently from 4-6 pm but by 6:30 pm we were still being told the room wasn't ready and I asked to speak to a manager.
We were a little ticked because we had my mil with us who was going through chemo treatments and we had just come off a Disney cruise. She was fatigued. I finally told them I wanted to be upgraded because waiting for our Fountains room was taking an unacceptable amount of time. They immediately put us in a Lakes villa. Apparently, the story I got from the manager I spoke with, was that someone caused a considerable mess on the rugs in our assigned Fountains unit and they were shampooing the carpets. But by 6:30 pm I wasn't willing to wait any longer. But on average, 4 pm is about the expected time to get into your villa.

I just used the link to get the Diamond Lane info. I submitted our form and requests, but noticed that it said the Diamond Lane is only available Fri-Sun. We check in on a Tuesday afternoon. Hope it all goes well, we have a PS on Disney property for 7:30pm. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter