Just called still no AP rates...

magicmouse2

DIS Veteran
I vowed to give in searching for these, but I had to call to make a dining reservation anyhow so figured it was worth a try. The CM said there were stil no discounts. Unfortunately for me the dining booking system was down!!! Disney seem to be having major problems at the moment with their computer systems.:(

Oh please dont start me off again dylansdad;) :p :crazy: Thats the thought that crossed my mind too....:)

Fla. Tourism Continues Rebound

POSTED: 5:55 a.m. EDT August 22, 2003
UPDATED: 6:33 a.m. EDT August 22, 2003

Florida's tourism industry continues to rebound from the dramatic downturn following the Sept. 11 atrocities.

The governor's office released figures Thursday showing that tourism crept upward slightly during the second quarter.

The report shows 18.2 million people visited Florida in April, May and June. That's up four-tenths of a point from the same period last year.

For the year to date, Florida tourism is up one percent from the first half of 2002.

Governor Bush is pleased with the growth.

He said the increases have to continue in order to see more jobs created in the tourism industry.

The latest numbers also show nearly all of the visitors were from the United States -- 17 million of the 18.2 million.

I don't know if it has anything to do with anything but ......I was going to check room availability for the week we're going (because, as my husband says, I have no life outside Disney!!!) and I received an error that their reservation system is currently down for maintenance. Maybe something's coming???? I know they still have plenty of empty rooms for our week! Just a little glimmer of hope:confused:

Lots of computer systems have been hit this week by multiple versions of viruses. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney's system was also hit, since most of the viruses spread via e-mail. My company just spent an entire day yesterday recovering from the SoBig.F virus... that one was a HUGE pain (and that's not a pun/joke). :(

Originally posted by Eeyore1954
Lots of computer systems have been hit this week by multiple versions of viruses. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney's system was also hit, since most of the viruses spread via e-mail. My company just spent an entire day yesterday recovering from the SoBig.F virus... that one was a HUGE pain (and that's not a pun/joke). :(
----------------------------

Rumor has it that eBay has been hit with a nasty virus too.. It's reeking havoc with my auctions (and therefore my Disney money as well) and I'm not a happy camper right now.. :( What's with all of these viruses happening all at once??

Apparently they are back up now. Last week they told me they were doing system upgrades.
Anyone else want to call for AP rates ?;)

I called this AM also, and no AP rates and none on the horizon per the very nice CRO that I spoke too.

I still have hope!

Figaro

Tried to respond to your PM but your box is full..

I assume you were reading this thread and thus the ebay/virus question.. I believe it's okay to shop - IF you can get the system to work for you.. Ebay is claiming the problems are power outtage related, but others are saying something different.. The biggest problems are for the sellers - but no news of anyone picking up a virus via eBay..

Yes, this is where my question came from. I will have to clean out my PM box (story of my life-voice mail, in box, email, all need to be cleaned out). Thanks for your quick info!

I just called ... 10:10am MST....computers are up.....still no rates. The best they can offer right now is the AAA rates. I'm sure the CM's wish they'd just release the rates! :rolleyes:

TTFN!

If you are really interested in going to DW during your time, you better book now. All this waiting seems to be driving people crazy. I have been patiently waiting too, but it looks like they are not going to release any if they don't have to. Check out other savings thru AAA like I did and just book it. Allstars are $61.60/night and Moderates are $106.50/night. Didn't check the Deluxes because they are not in our budget this year. If you don't book soon folks, they are going to be full and you will be staying offsite. Just a little advice!:(

Aside from there bring no AP rates, the Disney Visa "Special Offers" are few and far between- only one pkg listed, for which booking is expiring 9/7. Did the FTP cause that many bookings? I hope it is not unbelievably crowded in Oct. I picked that month partially to avoid the crowds. Oh well.

The AP rate at the Swan/Dolphin is sounding more and more appealing!

By the way, when I spoke to CRO last week they said their current room-only discounts (including those elusive postcards) expire the first week of October. I'm not set to go until December so I'm........waiting......waiting.......waiting......

TTFN!

When checking AP rates at the Swan for early November, they were all gone. All they could offer was rack rate at $289 or 298..can't remember. Told them no thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter