• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just bought 50 more pts! Quick ?

kewlteacher

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
We just bought 50 add on pts at WLV. Since we did this before the end of the "year", we can bank them and then have 100 next summer. My husband, however, wants to use them for a small mini vacation coming up in Nov. At this point, we are staying at the Swan on their $99 night (teacher deal). I want to bank and then have more next year. Since 50 points isn't enough to stay 4 nights, he wants to use the pts and then pay cash for the other two. My question is...is the 25% off the rack rates for the Villas? With all the deals out there, I am afraid the % off still would be high and therefore making the Swan our only choice.

I am sorry..did I make sense? I think a part of me wants all you to agree with ME and bank the points! lol Anyways, any and all opinions on the matter would be appreciated, and maybe a quick answer to the cash ressies.

Thanks!
Brian & Melissa (and Morgan too!)

Yes, the 25% is off rack rate...IF it's available at all. DVC discounts are not available very much anymore.

Good Luck!

Check Travelocity.com ~ they have rates in the lodging section pertaining to VWL, OKW, BWV and more. With the rates being quite low, it may make sense to pay for this trip and use your points for the next.

We are doing both. In November, using points for a 2 bedroom in OKW and instead of using points for a short trip in December (3 nights) we booked the FWC and are paying cash. Our goal is to save up for the Western Carribean DCL. Therefore, do not want to spend points on all trips.

Although, my dh wants to pay cash for trips and I rather use points! Kinda the opposite in your case.....

Don't fret.....the object is to have a great vacation with the loved ones, not how you pay for the room............

Have a dvc day and vacation...................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter