Just booked standard room at WL and now I'm scared

jeepgirl30

DIS Veteran
I'm so nervous i'll get "the" room view that is being showed in the worst view resort photo thread! I tried to copy it here but couldn't do it.

I love the look of WL and would love the courtyard view but just cannot justify the huge price jump. Not all that excited for the wood view. Our house over looks woods so we see a woods view everyday! Of course I realize it is better at Disney but again, not worth the price.

Please tell me there are some decent standard views at WL! We aren't going to be in our room much so as long as I don't have this view... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

We've stayed at WL a few times and have always paid for a standard view and gotten pretty good room views. I think you'll be fine but I have had other rooms at other resorts that I didn't have the greatest views at but honestly, it didn't bother me (and we're not one of those people that are gone at 7 a.m. and come back at midnight so the room does matter to us). If it's REALLY important to you why not request a certain section (keeping in mind it is just a request) or pay for a courtyard view? I have been looking at the woods and the Villas at WL before having paid for a "standard" view. Here was our view last time in 2008 (we were obviously upgraded but didn't know until we got to the room):

6532_101123199021_519234021_2080281_1350628_n.jpg

My parents were staying in a "standard" view room as well during that trip and they were on the other side of the "U" facing the pool/waterfall area as well on a lower level.

I really think you'll be fine. If you get into the room with a really bad view call the front desk and see about switching. With hundreds of people checking in and out every day they may be able to accommodate you if you ask nicely.

Don't worry about it! Odds are that you won't get that room. We actually got a room that overlooked MK. I was able to stay in bed and watch the fireworks :cloud9:. I wish I remembered the room number so that you could request it...

I honestly would take that view!!! Ive never stayed at the WL and would LOVE it. and your going to DISNEY!!! Dont let the view worry you. and like another poster said, odds you will get it are very low....

Thanks all! I know once we get there any view will be great since we are in Disney.

Besides, I've got really cute kids I can look at for a happy view! After a day at the parks or a swim their smiles will brighten any room.

just ask for a higher floor if you don't know what section you want. Then you'll be above the mess of backstage areas. And if you get the north side you might get to see the castle, even if it's considered standard view.

We booked a standard room at the WL last June, and had a terrific room! Ours overlooked the MK!! Well, it was in the distance, and there are trees, but you can see the lights and some of the higher fireworks! We stood out on our balcony a couple of nights to see them!

The closest elevator took us right down to the elevators near the Roaring Fork. It was a perfect location!

OMG! I really expected to open that link and see the view that looks over the delivery area or over the roofs. And I was prepared to post that WL is wonderful, you're not in your room all that much, and it would be worth it. But I NEVER expected THAT. I can't believe they have the nerve to even make that a room in a deluxe hotel. Standard view is standard view, but that is simply ridiculous and If I paid $300+ a night for that I'd be steamed. I love WL but I'd downgrade to a mod before I paid the price for that room. Crazy stuff.

We were upgraded to a lovely courtyard room on our last visit, the very last one on the top floor of the south wing that still faces the courtyard. And it was wonderful to open up the balcony and see the view. But we never used it because we had one of the covered balconies so you couldn't see anything but sky unless you stood up. Rather a shame that such a beautiful view is blocked.

That being said, there's like 860 rooms at the WL. If there is only one room with that view, the odds of your receiving that particular one is like .11%. May get even better if you send in a room request. And if you do receive it, just ask to change.

We had a standard WL room in '07 and we thought it was a terrible view b/c it overlooked the smokehouse but at night you could see the fireworks at MK while sitting on the bed. I believe it was better than any paid view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter