Just booked our 1st villa!

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. We rented points to stay at AK the week before Christmas. I was a little nervous about renting but I'm excited to be trying a new resort! Our family can not fit in a standard room at AKL and booking a 1 bedroom directly through Disney would have been out of our price range. We booked a 1 bedroom at Kidani village by renting points.

I am a little afraid that we will be spoiled once we stay in a 1 bedroom! :blush:

Enjoy your stay! Renting is a great way to be 'spoiled' but without the lifetime commitment. Unfortunately, the private sleeping space for mom and dad will make you hate all future hotel rooms.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. We rented points to stay at AK the week before Christmas. I was a little nervous about renting but I'm excited to be trying a new resort! Our family can not fit in a standard room at AKL and booking a 1 bedroom directly through Disney would have been out of our price range. We booked a 1 bedroom at Kidani village by renting points.

I am a little afraid that we will be spoiled once we stay in a 1 bedroom! :blush:
Congratulations! AKV is one of my home resorts. You're going to love the resort and the extra space that a 1-bedroom villa provides. And yes, you're going to be spoiled. It will make you want to purchase a DVC contract. Have a great stay.

Um...this would not be the place to ask, but no, I am not selling/renting at this time. You can look on the Rent/Trade Board for DVC members who are have points they are willing to use to make a reservation for you. You must be logged in to see that forum.

NOTE: A quoted request for rental was removed from this post...Chuck S

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...this would not be the place to ask, but no, I am not selling/renting at this time. You can look on the Rent/Trade Board for DVC members who are have points they are willing to use to make a reservation for you. You must be logged in to see that forum.

I was on that board and couldn't find anyone with Animal Kingdom as their home resort. Sorry for bothering you...

I was on that board and couldn't find anyone with Animal Kingdom as their home resort. Sorry for bothering you...
You might want to check with the rental brokers. One of them may have an AKV owner with points available for your vacation dates.

Awesome! Thanks!
The owners dont have to have AKL as their home resort. Any of them can rent to you any resort that is available 7 months out. With AKL being as big as it is, if your not looking at value or concierges rooms you should be ok with anyone on the rent/trade board.

Yes, you will be spoiled. We rented a 1 bedroom villa for our last trip. Now my husband doesn't want to stay in standard hotel rooms anywhere.

We rented twice before buying in ourselves. We had only rented studios but are currently on our first trip as owners and are in a 1 bedroom....you'll love it! I'm thinking it will be tough for us if we decide to go back to studios.

I love AKV - I think you will love too!! I agree about being spoiled - the full kitchen, washer/Dryer are great but add the 2 bathrooms at Kidani and you will never want to leave!

I too think you will be spoiled. After staying at DVC you won't want to go back to moderates or values

The space, the washer/dryer and full kitchen -- yes you will be spoiled. This is how many people here have become members -- stay in nicer, deluxe accommodations and you are spoiled. Renting at least lets you afford a bigger room. It is crazy how price direct from disney room is. We own AKV but a 2 BR for our time frame was upwards of $7K -- I could not and would not want to pay that but the buy in for our contract was just a little more than that.

Enjoy your trip -- Christmas time is so very magical there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter