***Official October 2022 Thread**

FOR ALL OF MY OCTOBER FRIENDS.... JUST A NOTE THAT THE EPCOT FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL FREE EAT TO THE BEAT CONCERT SERIES JUST ANNOUNCED THEIR CONCERT LIST:
  • July 14-15 – Baha Men
  • July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  • July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
  • July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
  • Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
  • Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
  • Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
  • Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
  • Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
  • Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
  • Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
  • Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
  • Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
  • Sept. 23-24 – BBMak
  • Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
  • Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
  • Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
  • Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
  • Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
  • Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men

Booked just the other day for Oct 23-Nov 2. 6 of us going including DS7, DD5, DH, and my parents. Tried for a 2 bedroom at a few resorts but couldn't get anything (with or without military discount). CM put us in 2 standard rooms at WL but I've had 2nd thoughts all week. Ended up calling today and got a 1 bedroom and a deluxe studio at AK. I'll keep trying for BC, poly, or WL 2 bedroom but I'm OK if it doesn't work out. No plans passed booking the room at this point. Saved about $1500 with switching resorts- that has Halloween party written all over it!!

I know I have 77 days (but who's counting) and I've been working on my Halloween spreadsheet ( :rolleyes1 don't judge....:tongue:) and we're doing the party 2 nights (out of the 5 we're there) and I'm trying to decide on a dinner before hand.

It's just DH and I -and we're staying at BLT so I'd like something "on the monorail" and I'll go ahead and admit that DH is a little "needy" in that he doesn't want a QS place, but he doesn't want to over eat...I mean, what kind of dinner requirements are those to give me, right??

I was thinking that for 1 evening we'd go to GF Cafe since we've never been there for dinner and then just jump back on the monorail for the party - I know we can get in to the party at 4pm but one day we'll be at HS until mid-afternoon and the other at MK - and then both days, we'll head back to the room to shower, change and head out for an early dinner (like 5pm-ish) and then head to the party!!

What else can we/should we try for dinner? What do folks think about Kona @ Poly?? We've actually never eaten there either for dinner...

hmmm..thoughts? Ideas??

thanks!

We just booked a 20th anniversary trip for just DH and I for October 25-29 at All Star Movies. Our first time since our honeymoon doing Disney without the kids. We will be taking a cruise from October 20-25 through Royal Caribbean and figured why not buy a Halloween party ticket for October 25 and spend a night since we have never been in October before heading home. Then we figured since we will already be there, why not tack on a few more nights and hit all the parks while we're there 😂. After all, we have never been to the Food and Wine Festival either. Looking forward to chatting with you all over the coming months!

What else can we/should we try for dinner? What do folks think about Kona @ Poly?? We've actually never eaten there either for dinner...

hmmm..thoughts? Ideas??

thanks!

Kona is a good option, and it’s totally possible to eat light there if you want. I hardly ever order an entree there, but rather stick to the sushi rolls, poke bowls, and app selections. It’s easy to make a meal from those. The glazed chicken wings are particularly good! And the desserts are smaller sized too, but you can always order more than one :-).

Kona is a good option, and it’s totally possible to eat light there if you want. I hardly ever order an entree there, but rather stick to the sushi rolls, poke bowls, and app selections. It’s easy to make a meal from those. The glazed chicken wings are particularly good! And the desserts are smaller sized too, but you can always order more than one :-).
Im not going to lie, I looked at their menu and I was like...I can totally make a "dinner" out of chicken wings and pot stickers! HA!

thanks!

hmmm..thoughts? Ideas??

thanks!
Someone just told me about GEYSER POINT Bar and Grill at Fort Wilderness. Can take a lovely boat ride there. Can eat by the lake. They specialize in BBQ. I'm pretty sure I'll be making a trip there. Can't wait!

Someone just told me about GEYSER POINT Bar and Grill at Fort Wilderness. Can take a lovely boat ride there. Can eat by the lake. They specialize in BBQ. I'm pretty sure I'll be making a trip there. Can't wait!
I just wanted to quickly say that Geyser Point is at Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness. I didn't want you to go to the wrong place.

You're right, it's a great place with wonderful views of the lake. Have fun!

I just wanted to quickly say that Geyser Point is at Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness. I didn't want you to go to the wrong place.

You're right, it's a great place with wonderful views of the lake. Have fun!
Yes. I knew. Thanks for the correction.... especially for anyone else reading this with the wrong info! Thanks!

Reactions: CJK
yes - we have eaten at Geyser Point and I would totally put it on the list for this trip but I was wanting to stay on the monorail - I guess that limits our places to Steakhouse 71 at BLT (where we're staying), Kona at Poly (if it's open) and then GF Cafe @ GF......

I know we want to do GF Cafe since we've never eaten there and if Kona is open by mid-October then we'll probably eat there too since we haven't been there before!

Thanks!

Hi there. We are booked for 1-8 october. Staying off property at Buena Vista. It is our second trip to WDW. It's me and my boys. No car. We will use lyft or uber. I'm all anxious about ADRs for storybook dining as they are so difficult to get staying off property. Is this the official october thread or you have started a new one? Hope meeting some of you during my trip.

Is it against board rules to try to coordinate ADRs in advance? It makes sense to me that a group of people all going within the same time frame might be able to grab reservations and hold them until others can book. For example, I'm not using a dinner ADR on the day we leave, which would be a 60+4 and I might be able to get something decent for someone else. Likewise, I would love help for our 60+0 haha

Is it against board rules to try to coordinate ADRs in advance? It makes sense to me that a group of people all going within the same time frame might be able to grab reservations and hold them until others can book. For example, I'm not using a dinner ADR on the day we leave, which would be a 60+4 and I might be able to get something decent for someone else. Likewise, I would love help for our 60+0 haha
I don't mean to bother the ones paying for staying at disney resorts. That is why I asked. I can get 60+0 if someone needs help of course. This agreements are not allowed at the cancelled ADR thread but I believe if someone is willing to help others it may be great. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter