***Official October 2022 Thread**

Can anyone who's there now confirm if the Epcot 40th Anniversary Beacon of Magic is still playing - thanks!

15 more days until we arrive for our anniversary getaway. Will be our first trip without kids in 20 years (since our honeymoon 😂).
We are arriving Oct 24th for our anniversary trip as well, and our first trip back since our honeymoon (still no kids, so its always an adults only trip)! I hope you have an amazing getaway!!!!

I can’t believe it’s only 7 days until we fly out for another 3 weeks. For some reason I’m feeling completely unprepared compared to our June/July trip and I’m still stressing over a couple of reservations we need for November, which is getting frustrating now but fingers crossed the hoarders will start dropping them soon 🤞

We are arriving Oct 24th for our anniversary trip as well, and our first trip back since our honeymoon (still no kids, so its always an adults only trip)! I hope you have an amazing getaway!!!!
I hope your anniversary trip is magical! I can hardly wait!

9 days for us now. Trying to get excited which is challenging in light of all the last minute price increases and just general sense of how much has been taken away since our last trip in 2019. So I’m making a list of the things I’m looking forward to:
- Passion Slush at F&W (booze first, lol)
- the look on my kids faces when we get the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream
- the new Guardians ride
- my DH’s reaction to the fuzzy tauntaun at Oga’s as it will be his first visit there
- every ride my youngest missed last time that he’s now tall enough to go on.
- our last ride on the old Splash Mountain (excited for the refurb but glad we’re catching it one last time)

I just have to remind myself that no matter what, our kids will have an amazing time.

8 days to go for us! I just finished watching a YouTube video on F&W and highlighting the things I want to try. Boy am I going to be stuffed by the end of Epcot day 😆. I'll start packing this weekend. I was going to try to just do carryons since it's only a 5 day trip but I can never pull that off.

Just got back from my super quick October trip!

Amazing 3 days, did almost everything we wanted but I was surprised by the crowds. genie+ helps, but it was crowded in MK and Epcot today and yesterday, but Sunday at AK and HS didn’t seem as bad. Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any!

I was going to try to just do carryons since it's only a 5 day trip but I can never pull that off.
We started to use carry-ons after Disney stopped delivering luggage from the airport to your resort room. I really miss that service. But we managed to get what we need into carry-ons with backpacks large enough to hold lots of stuff but still fit under the seat in front of us. :)

We leave on Saturday and will be there for two weeks! Can’t wait. Of course our park days don’t line up with Fantasmic reopening but I’m okay without it this trip. Next time my son will be a lil older to enjoy it!

We started to use carry-ons after Disney stopped delivering luggage from the airport to your resort room. I really miss that service. But we managed to get what we need into carry-ons with backpacks large enough to hold lots of stuff but still fit under the seat in front of us. :)

1666365132411.png

😆 I'm going to really try this time. It's not as much the clothes that gets me it's the extra stuff like toiletries and clip on fans, and this time halloween costumes. We're flying SW and using Sunshine Flyer but if I can avoid going to the baggage carousel I see that as a win.

View attachment 712242

😆 I'm going to really try this time. It's not as much the clothes that gets me it's the extra stuff like toiletries and clip on fans, and this time halloween costumes. We're flying SW and using Sunshine Flyer but if I can avoid going to the baggage carousel I see that as a win.
You can do it! I packed for 3 days in just a personal item last week! I was shocked but I made it work! You can do it

We're checking a bag to Disney for the first time this trip. We have too many costumes between MNSSHP and the Starcruiser, and we're flying Spirit which will charge us and make us check carry-on bags at the gate if they're an ounce over (don't love Spirit but they were the only direct option to Orlando this time so fingers crossed). We're the type of family who did two weeks in Europe with only carryons, so I'm very much not a fan of checking bags. But seeing as we'll be returning with two lightsabers and possibly an additional droid and a mountain of Halloween candy I think it's the way to go.

We went to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, which was the day of a party, and the park was almost empty for at least an hour. The most crowded day to go to MK is a day that is in-between two party days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter