• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked last minute 1st cruise.. Help!

Ryanzmama

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks in anticipation that we MIGHT get to book a last minutes 2/8 Cruise on the Wonder (had to clear something at work first)- and yesterday- WE DID!!! We (my DH and me and our 3 year old) are so excited!

So- last minute- we got a GREAT rate from dreamsunlimited (they beat everyone else)... and now to the planning...

What should we know about the wonderful ship, Magic? Secret places? Best little known hints... There is a secret verdana on Deck 7-right? Is it aft of the ship?

We are going to the Eastern Carribbean- we've been there before- but anyone have a favorite excursion that is a "can't miss"?

I know I need to get to somewhere & make Palo reservations- where do I go- what is the best night to have the reservation?

Thanks for all of your hints, guys...
We CAN'T wait! (and we won't have to- because we booked so late!)

;) Linda

You said that you are going on the WONDER - but you probably meant the Eastern Caribbean on the MAGIC.

I have a page of 'Thoughts at Random' and 'Packing Suggestions' on my website (linked below).

Also be sure to check out -
www.dcltribute.com
www.castawayclub.com
:D

Is your 3 year old fully potty trained? If not, they will not be permitted in the pools with any type of diapers - including swim diapers (a safety issue). Also, kiddies must be fully potty trained to use the clubs -- no pull ups there either. They must be able to do the 'pottying' themselves without any assistance. Flounders nursery is available for little ones if they are not potty trained (at a per hour charge by reservation).

My 2 can't miss excursions on the Eastern are both at St. Thomas:

Coral World! Do not miss going to this aquatic park! I don't care how you get over there, you can either do the excursion or get a cab over, but go! Link:Coral World Webpage

And after you get back, there's a large mall right by the port that has a lot of the shops that are in town, so going into town is not essential. This'll give you time to do the other do not miss there. The Paradise Point tramway! It's across the street from the port, It's an enclosed sky bucket type lift to the top of the mountain overlooking the bay, gorgeous views, and don't pass up the opportunity to visit the birdies! Link:Tramway Link

MarkRG,
Has Coral World been upgraded in past few years? Our family was there a few years ago and to say we were underwhelmed is an understatement.

I'd either head straight to Magans Bay or over to St. Johns.

too excited to think!

Yes- my 3 year old is fully potty trained- has been for quite some time so it shouldn't be a problem.

:) Thanks for the warning!

I would recommend the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten. We took the morning excursion, returned to the ship for lunch and had plenty of time to shop in the afternoon.

I would have to agree with TeensMom, Coral World was a bit disappointing. If you enjoy beaches, head over to St Johns.

Have a great cruise!

Some activites I'd not want to miss on the ship.....

Art of entertaining series.....great cooking demos and samples (you get the recipes at the last show)

Wine tasting.....learned a lot

Disney backstage........missed it, but won't next time

enjoy the deck chairs on deck 4

for peace and quiet, check out the secret deck 7....aft. It's not labled on any map, just go aft until you see the wooden door.

be on deck for all parties.

As you leave each port, be outside so you can hear that wonderful horn. Sometimes you'll hear competing horns between the ships.

Even if a program sounds "hokey", go check it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Take your child to see the Island Magic show in the smaller theater in the afternoon....it totally captured my 3 yrolds immagination!

pictures, pictures, pictures!!!! Have a great trip!

Originally posted by TeensMom

Has Coral World been upgraded in past few years? Our family was there a few years ago and to say we were underwhelmed is an understatement.

St. Thomas was hit by a hurricane a few years ago. I wonder if you were there within the year or two after that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter