• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked... June 19-29th 2018... how crowded will it be?

Welovedisney!

Earning My Ears
Okay so I haven't been to Florida in June since 2001. I remember it being crowded but not anything unmanageable. That being said, we have never taken our DD's now 11 and 12 to Disney in the Summer. 2 trips beginning of May, one in September and one in November. So this is a change for ALL of us! Be honest... how bad is it going to be? Anyone there June 2017 that can give me some pointers? I'm sure our plan will look totally different than our past couple trips and that's ok. Side note... we are staying 10 nights, 6 nights at CSR or YC(yes I know quite a difference between the two but we can't decide which one we love them both for different reasons) and our last 4 night we are staying at Poly. Any help is greatly appreciated! You guys haven't steered me wrong yet! :love:

Mid-day breaks become more essential.
The same touring plan that works in cooler months (like staying in parks all day) may not be good in the heat. But summer is certainly manageable if you are prepared.

SAB is a better pool complex, but would be busy in the summer.

I would lean YC unless your party had a strong aversion to dogs.

In the summer, we do pool and water parks during the day, theme parks at night. It is unbearable otherwise.

We avoid the parks from 1pm to 6pm. With the heat and crowds, it's unbearable. But, we typically go for 10 days, like you are. So, plenty of time to get everything you want in during the mornings and evenings at the parks.

We’ve been in June 2015 and 2016 and I didn’t find the crowds bad at all. We are actually heading home now from two days in the parks and it was much, much, much busier than any of our June trips. It’s hot but not unbearable. Like others posted, we get to the parks at opening, head back to the resort for a rest and/or to swim, and then back to the parks in the evening. We always build in rest days as well. Enjoy!

Hotter than hell, and insanely crowded cuz kids are out of school. We avoid summer months at all costs. Just not worth it to us, plus we don't have restrictions that require us to only travel in summer. If it's the only way you can make it work, it'll work. Just plan for crowds and heat.

We went May 26 through June 3, 2014 and had a blast. We are from Louisiana and vacation every summer in Florida at the beach, so were prepared for some heat! We were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't totally unbearable. We've been in Feb and November, and both of those trips had some unseasonably hot days. We're headed back May-June 2018, and plan on some pool days to break it up.

Both water parks are lots of fun, so maybe take the kids there....at those ages they will love it!

My first Dis trip as a kid was in August. It was hot, humid, and my mom developed a heat rash that made her legs swell. Definitely swim or inside during hottest part of day, but otherwise have a blast! 10 days is a long time so I am jealous :)

Okay so I haven't been to Florida in June since 2001. I remember it being crowded but not anything unmanageable. That being said, we have never taken our DD's now 11 and 12 to Disney in the Summer. 2 trips beginning of May, one in September and one in November. So this is a change for ALL of us! Be honest... how bad is it going to be? Anyone there June 2017 that can give me some pointers? I'm sure our plan will look totally different than our past couple trips and that's ok. Side note... we are staying 10 nights, 6 nights at CSR or YC(yes I know quite a difference between the two but we can't decide which one we love them both for different reasons) and our last 4 night we are staying at Poly. Any help is greatly appreciated! You guys haven't steered me wrong yet! :love:
We took July trips in 2015 and 2016 and they were not crowded. Many more families go to WDW during the school year now than in years past, a lot of people want to avoid the heat, attend special events like Food & Wine, MNSSHP or MVMCP, or have read online about how "uncrowded" fall is, so as a result summer is no longer the crowd crunch it used to be.

I recommend ignoring the advice of people who say they always avoid WDW in summer- that indicates that they have minimal to no recent experience with WDW in summer.

Yacht Club is the resort of choice due to its phenomenal pool, which is not overcrowded in summer because it is the only resort pool to have a CM at the entrance to scan Magic Bands to confirm resort status for entry. The other resort pools get crashers. The Stormalong Bay pool also has a nice ice cream shop just steps away...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter