• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked July 19, 2004 cruise!

Bobbimom23

Family travel guide
I am so excited! We just booked our 2nd cruise -- another 7 day Western. We are going almost 1 year from the date of our 1st cruise!

I am so excited!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Anyone else going? We have asked 2 other families to join us and although we haven't gotten a definite answer from them, I think they will go too

:jester:

Bobbi

Yes, we did get a better rate than what Disney quoted us (while we were still on our 1st cruise). Let's put it this way, we are paying about $4000 less than what we paid for our first cruise :eek: (but you do have to take into account that we booked our first cruise very close to the sailing date).

We are taking the family plus a friend for my oldest daughter since the 2 families that may be joining us have kids that are my middle daughters age... so... we are getting two rooms -- a category 7 (one of the 'distorted' view verandah cabins) and a category 11 right across the hall.

Counting the days (and there are still LOTs of them!);)

Bobbi

Just last week I reserved a category 10 cabin on the 7/17/04 western for us. We also have the 6/19/04 western reserved as a backup. We just got back from a 2 week VB/WDW trip. My 13 yo DS's best friend went with us for the first time. It was GREAT!! They have been friends for 9 years and get along very well. I'm working on his mom to let us take him on the DCL cruise (and then WDW for a week) next summer. She is concerned about him missing baseball. If someone offered to take my son on an all expenses paid vacation, I think I'd jump on it ! I asked her to decide soon so I can make our DVC reservations soon. I'm sure my son will have a good time on the cruise even if his friend can't come, but it would be nice if he did.

We just booked our cruise for 6/19/04. This will be our third cruise. This time, it's using DVC points! Gotta love the Vacation Club.

This is our last "hurrah" as a couple before we adopt our first child! Hopefully, the adoption travel doesn't coincide with our cruise dates.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on-board!

hi - we're booked for the july western cruise - for the same reason - no school - no baseball - but when i first asked about how hot it was - people kind of said it was hot - now we're scared of the heat - we're from jersey and we don't take the heat too well - we can handle the 90's but the 100's may be too much - we're thinking of changing to the next year's easter cruise - anyway - making a long question longer - since you've already; gone on a summer cruise - should we change - or keep the july cruise - we've only gone in october/november and don't know what to do - thanks in advance -

Congratulations on booking your next cruise!
Wow, you were lucky to get the navigator's verandah rooms I guess- I mean we tried to get those for Feb 2005 (cheaper time- since other schools aren't out that week like my kids' school is- their breaks are split all up throughout the year) and they were not available! Already taken- and that's Feb 2005! But you got them for summer 2004!!! Way to go!

kiddisney,

We've been on two previous cruises in September, and it was still quite warm in September. You just have to figure that the Caribbean is going to be warm whenever you go.

You can go to Weather Undergroud (click here) and see a history of the weather in Cozumel and Key West. I picked a random date in July, and the high temp in Cozumel was 91 and the high temp in Key West was 89 (with the record high being 93). No 100's to worry about.

Also, the ship is more than adequately climate controlled, and even when you are shopping on the islands, the shops are almost always air conditioned.

And of course, the water at the beaches is the perfect temperature to cool you off during a day of snorkling, swimming, or just lounging!

So, I wouldn't worry about changing your cruise just because of the temp. The adult pool has a great sunshade around it, or you can sunbathe on deck 10 and get the great breeze from the moving boat (sometimes quite a stiff breeze, depending if you are infront of the wind diffusers).

It's going to be a great cruise. If you need any other advise, feel free to ask. The great folks here on the Disboards know all the answers! (Plus, we might have a few tips, as well!)

See ya on Deck!

kiddisney

The past couple of years we've vacationed in the summer, and yes florida is HOT, so hot at times it's hard to breath. The humidity NEVER goes away, it's still hot at 8pm. MK in late July, almost unbearable, but it's still vacation! With DS14 missing too much school during the year and not wanting the crowds and high prices during the vacation weeks, we're left with summers to visit Mickey.

We've found the caribbean weather to be much more comfortable, regardless of the time of the year, maybe it's the subtle breeze .... or the blue water ... or the rum punch! Nevertheless, looking forward to when we can vacation in October again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter