• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress..

Rodents R Us

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

I'm returning after some time with news of yet another trip over the pond. Last year I led 4 families into the mousedom and now me DW and I are coming alone. Never stayed at this hotel and would like to know what people have to say. We are still able to change the hotel if people have negative comments.

Conversely, we'd love to hear all the good experiences people have had.

Also, whats to do in April end/ May when we're there?

Cheers,

KV

It has been some time since we last stayed there, but
the few times we did, we thought it was wonderful.
Great pool, beautiful rooms and a very relaxing atmoshere.
Enjoy !

We stayed here one night via Priceline and really liked it. The rooms are not big but not small either. The bathroom is nicely laid out. I hope you like the color green!!! :) They gave us a great view of the lake and beyond. We were able to see the MK fireworks in the distance.The room was comfortable and quiet. If it weren't for the Disney resorts I would stay here or at the Gaylord Palms.

Hyatt is a GREAT Resort. The Pool is awesome...love the bar in the caves, lots of hot tubs, Pool Volleyball, waterfalls, waterslide, and beautiful plank bridge over the back pool area. At the lake there are sailboats, paddleboats, bicycle/pedal boats, and another type or two. Lots of hammocks to sleep in by the lake. Also have bicycles to use for a ride around the lake and by the stables. You can ride horses for an extra fee. Boats and bikes are included in your resort fee. There are beautiful birds in the lobby..Parrots maybe...I don't know my birds..They are large and colorful and talk..one waves with his foot. It is awonderful place that I am sure anyone would enjoy. Anything else?

Thanks all for the response. It seems always that we are caught between a moderated Disney Hotel or outside. We've done Port Orleans and feel that it isn't such a big deal to stay on site. Knowing this, we would like a very nice off site place and Gaylord Palms was the other choice.

Here's hoping!

We've done Port Orleans and feel that it isn't such a big deal to stay on site. Knowing this, we would like a very nice off site place and Gaylord Palms was the other choice.

Here's hoping!

How important are the EMHs to you ? They are something that we always hit to get our fill of the rides at night. We generally split our stay between a real nice offsite resort to satisfy our (my) need for luxury, then stay onsite for the convenience of the transportation as well as the EMH. If you pay to park each day it can really add up. Of course there is always the backdoor into the TTC parking..:rolleyes1

Hi Theresa,

We never used the extra magic hours so hoping it's not so busy that we can't see it all. We have 14 days to do it .

backdoor tp parking???? Please tell, sounds useful.

Thanks,

Mouse

OOOOHHH, we loved this hotel! We went in early October for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and to do the MNSSHP. My kids loved the pool and all four of us loved the waterslide-watch out, it is faster than it looks and a ton of fun. We usually use an Orlando hotel as a "base" or just a place to put our heads down but this is really a full resort and we actually had one day that we did not even leave the hotel. We rode the bikes which were so fun, old fashioned and bouncy but I was laughing the whole time! The rooms need a re-do but they are still classy and nice. They have a B&B type of feel. My only thoughts were that I would have liked a full balcony but this was only a passing thought. The concierge were great too. The food was very pricey so for the most part we ate off property but right across the road is the "Crossroads" shopping area with Fridays, Perkins, Goodmans, Red Lobster etc and DTD is just a little drive. All in all, this was one of our best Florida vacations because the hotel exceeded our expectations. We loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter