• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back today

MLB292

Earning My Ears
We (59 and 58) just got home from 3 days at Sapphire Falls and the parks. The parks are very crowded. Just wanted to give you a heads up that early entry is not worth the time and effort. Everyone makes a beeline for Hagrid's and by the time you get in line the wait is 200 minutes. You are better off waiting until later in the day. Velocicoaster was down this morning so even more people were in line for Hagrid's. The weather was nice, the hotel is a good place to stay and the boats were very efficient. Feel free to ask questions.

We just got back and had the same experience with Hagrid's. Our only morning with early entry, we went to HAgrid's at about 8:20am and it was a 4.5 hour wait (at least that was what we were told). We watched and went back to ride it when the app said 120 minutes. It ended up being about 1.5 hours. I did find that the wait times were always less than what was posted.

Agree EE for Hagrid’s is a waste of time. I prefer to go to Universal at opening and head straight to Gringott’s. I haven’t been since Spring Break, but had luck with Hagrid’s around dinner time or anytime the wait said 60 minutes.

We thought early entry was a must. But rope drop for us means first in line at the turnstiles which we were all three days. Went straight to hagrid’s and were in the first group one day and the second group the other two days. Technically we still waited 45 minutes at the turnstiles but it was worth it. Wednesday morning hagrid’s was delayed and we got on at 8:30. Friday they held us inside for a few minutes and we got on about 8:20. Saturday we got right on and were off of that and velocicoaster before 9.

Just back! One night I got in line for Hagrid at 9:35 and waited about 45 minutes, much better after dark. The next night I got in line for velociraptor at 8:50, then single rider for Hagrid at 9:45, after walking veeeery quickly. Single rider was about 20 minutes and velocity about 40. I skipped early entry.

Going back mid-August, they are having passholder appreciation days so I hope for separate AP entry lines. Will definitely be going for EE at IOA and heading back to the pool in the heat of the afternoon. I will go back in the evening and probably will try the lines then too!

Going back mid-August, they are having passholder appreciation days so I hope for separate AP entry lines. Will definitely be going for EE at IOA and heading back to the pool in the heat of the afternoon. I will go back in the evening and probably will try the lines then too!
Are the pass holder appreciation days for the whole month of August? Where did you see this informatio?

We just got back, and agree that EE for Hagrids is not helpful if you don’t line up 45mins or more before EE opens. For Velocicoaster however, just getting in line a few mins before EE opens meant you could likely get 2 rides on Velocicoaster in the first half hour.

Was that a thing preciously? Having AP entry lines???

I was wondering too.
I saw the article about Passholder appreciate online but did not see anything specific like AP only line for EE resort guests.

Was that a thing preciously? Having AP entry lines???
Yes there are occasionally AP only entry areas, in Studios its to the side/right hand. Not the main gates.

I haven’t found a clear posted area online to check beforehand and see if its open. Just asked an employee on the way to the main gates. It might depend on staffing?

There was a separate AP entry line for EE in May, to the left at IOA. I had an email before that I think, and it was well marked when I went. Hoping for more AP perks email soon. Still no AP rates for the resorts past Aug 13 though.

Yes that is confusing info… I knew about the turnstile AP Holder entry line. I thought you were referring to a different AP entry line for an attraction… I guess sometimes is the answer just have to read about it online and hope nobody else has.
I was there yesterday Hot and crowded ! Left early Not fun

I keep looking for a discount rate for Florida Resident AP holder for their resorts… was that really a $5.00 discount that was posted ?
Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter