• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - quick review of two offsite hotels -(Renaissance and The Swan)

WDW-WOW

Earning My Ears
Hi! Just returned from 4 great nights in Orlando. I'm a big fan of offsite hotels (typically WBC) as I like getting a nicer room for a lower price than what you get from WDW, but I've also stayed in WL, YC, and the Poly and enjoy those when the price is right.

Anyway, spent one night at The Renaissance across from SeaWorld and loved it! Room was large and well decorated, pool was really pretty, and lobby was very nice (also had a bar, a Starbucks, a gift shop and an ice cream store). We only stayed here because the Swan was booked for our first night, but really glad we did. Got a great pice and it was much closer to WDW than I thought it would be - maybe 10-15 minutes tops.

Spent 3 nights at the Swan and was a bit surprised at how old some parts of it look. That being said, room was decent, as was the pool. Love the look of the outside of the hotel and the location can't be beat. I stayed at the Yacht Club 2 years ago and really fell in love with that area, which I think is the best in Disney. Love that you can walk to Epcot, MGM, mini-golf and the Boardwalk, which I really enjoyed both during the day and at night. The Swan definitely has a convention vibe which didn't bother me but doesn't feel like Disney at all - in case you care about those things....

Sorry to be home!

We spent 4 nights at the Renaissance once on a Buy 2-Get 2 deal. It was an excellent stay and extremely convenient. About a 5-10 minute walk to Seaworld and not a far drive to Aquatica. Offsite dining is just a few minutes drive.

Hi! Just returned from 4 great nights in Orlando. I'm a big fan of offsite hotels (typically WBC) as I like getting a nicer room for a lower price than what you get from WDW, but I've also stayed in WL, YC, and the Poly and enjoy those when the price is right.

Anyway, spent one night at The Renaissance across from SeaWorld and loved it! Room was large and well decorated, pool was really pretty, and lobby was very nice (also had a bar, a Starbucks, a gift shop and an ice cream store). We only stayed here because the Swan was booked for our first night, but really glad we did. Got a great pice and it was much closer to WDW than I thought it would be - maybe 10-15 minutes tops.

Spent 3 nights at the Swan and was a bit surprised at how old some parts of it look. That being said, room was decent, as was the pool. Love the look of the outside of the hotel and the location can't be beat. I stayed at the Yacht Club 2 years ago and really fell in love with that area, which I think is the best in Disney. Love that you can walk to Epcot, MGM, mini-golf and the Boardwalk, which I really enjoyed both during the day and at night. The Swan definitely has a convention vibe which didn't bother me but doesn't feel like Disney at all - in case you care about those things....

Sorry to be home!

Any pictures to post? :chat:

Thanks for the reviews. I wonder about staying at the Swan. The outside is nice but have never been inside.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm particularly interested in the Swan for the location to Epcot and DHS. I know if not yet started they're planning a Big renovation.
May I ask what you paid at the Swan, and if you had any discounts. Also what type of room, i.e. higher floor, view, balcony?
Yes, I know I'm gosh darn nosy. Wee bit OCD, actually CDO, it must be alphabetical! :P

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the reviews. I'm particularly interested in the Swan for the location to Epcot and DHS. I know if not yet started they're planning a Big renovation.
May I ask what you paid at the Swan, and if you had any discounts. Also what type of room, i.e. higher floor, view, balcony?
Yes, I know I'm gosh darn nosy. Wee bit OCD, actually CDO, it must be alphabetical! :P

Thanks so much!

Hello! We were on the 8th or 9th floor with a view of the Boardwalk pool/water. The location is amazing, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Two of our nights were paid for through a conference, and I think the 3rd night that we paid for was about $225, booked directly through Starwood.

I'm going to be a dork and ask rhetorically, is the Swan really offsite?

60-day FP+, EMH, Disney Transportation (minus DME); a nearly perfect "onsite" location... I know Disney doesn't own the operation, but I think of it as at least half-on, half-off.

I'm going to be a dork and ask rhetorically, is the Swan really offsite?

60-day FP+, EMH, Disney Transportation (minus DME); a nearly perfect "onsite" location... I know Disney doesn't own the operation, but I think of it as at least half-on, half-off.
I feel like Swan/Dolphin are onsite too..... (they're my fave places to stay) only thing really missing for me is the shuttle from airport.....(I don't do dining plan)

I've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin and would consider them onsite. They are literally on Disney property which is the "site" in onsite. They aren't Disney owned or operated but I don't care about that. Both were good experiences but you are right that they are not as in your face Disney as the other hotels. That isn't a bad thing, just different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter