Just back...Poly concierge

kokomom

Earning My Ears
After reading negative reports I was a little concerned.

Our trip was FABULOUS! The rooms were clean, Mousekeeping was fantastic, the food was great, staff was NOT overwhelmed, parks not crowded EXCEPT on Saturday! No odors in rooms. There were people in robes and PJ's. People did not take massive amounts of food...there was plenty.

If you have questions I will be happy to answer them. This is a quick report...if you want more details I will be happy to provide them.

Thanks for the positive post Kokomom!

We are leaving in 2 weeks for our first stay at the Polynesian. did you like Tahiti? Did the walk seem far to the main house? And did you try walking to the TTC? What floor were you on, would you recommend a certain floor, if so why?

thanks again for the nice post on the ploynesian!
Figaro

We stayed in room 3036...LV on the third floor. It had great views and was far from the lounge down the other hall. It was near the exit door to the TTC. That is how we got around...didn't go to the main building to use the monorail or buses. We found that the one time we used the bus in front of the Poly it stopped several places...using the ones at the TTC we didn't make as many stops. We used the ferry to the MK or the express monorail.

We had a great Mousekeeper in our room--there were no odors. The room was always clean by 1PM...no animal towels..but we didn't miss them. We did have turndown service everynight. I only asked for extra towels the first night...after that they were there everyday. The frig worked great...air was working...no condensation or anything as other people have described. I liked being on the same floor as the food...but away from it (I don't know but think the rooms in the same hall as the lounge might get noisy). I liked being able to let my boys walk down and grab a pop or something without worrying...I could stand in the door and see them.

I Hope this wasn't a part of the trip that was fabulous???:eek:

Little kids in PJs watching fireworks from the lounge before bed - that I understand---

But I never think it's a good thing for people (Esp. adults) to come to a public lounge for breakfast wearing their Jammies. They wouldn't go to Denny's in their Jammies (Or would they?);)

We'll be Poly Concierge in Dec., If other guests decide to show up for breakfast in their PJs - at least it will give me some great "people watching"!! I might even take a couple digital pics to send to the folks back home- because my friends and co-workers will never believe that people show up to breakfast in their jammies (Hey - I could post a link here too!;) )
Jill

We just laughed at the people in pj's. My kids stared and I didn't say a thing. We were always ready to hit the parks before we went to eat. Some people have no class when it comes to some things...they wouldn't go out to eat at home in pj's WHY do it on vacation!!!

Maybe they've never stayed in a room with a robe before and felt they needed to get enough use out of it.
We will be there the first part of December and I can't wait.I think I'll take some pictures too. JK

We'll be there in TWO DAYS!!! and I'm planning on taking lounge pics too! Maybe we can start a new thread; "Under-dressed For Public View"! ;)
In fact, we shouldn't limit it to the Concierge Lounge - I hear a lot of interesting "Under-dressed" stories coming from the parks, too.

Glad you had a great trip. We're now under two months away and I can't wait!

I love the idea of taking pictures of the goofs who go to the lounge in their pajamas...or barefoot or in swimsuits without coverups. I'm afraid I'll chicken out however!:rolleyes:

Maybe we could start a whole new thread and post pictures of strange things we see at Disney.The funniest thing I ever saw was when we were staying at the Poly we heard noise in the hallway and looked out there was a man in just his underwear and a lei around his neck pounding on his door saying he was sorry and begging his better half to let him back in the room.I didn't try to take a picture of that though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter