• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back-OKW and BWV

BillM

Mouseketeer
DW and I stayed in a 1 BR at OKW, Villa 2615. The villa was in great shape. A lot of things look new, the wooden blinds and the sofas. The view was not very good, made worse by some trash bushes in front of us blocking a view of a small pond. The bushes surrounded some kind of a sign which you couldn't read for the bushes. The pond had a fountain in it that didn't work. As we were leaving, several of the landscaping crew were out front and I told them about it and they said " next time you come back it will be taken care of".
We had a problem with the bathroom toilet two nights before we lleft. I called Maintenance the next AM and told them we had a problem. Their answer was, YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM.and they had a guY there in 15 minutes and fixed the problem.

Although DW and I are champions of OKW, our DD and DSIL and our 2 gran kids and
step grandson(all in there early 20's) were booked into BWV in 2 studios. There were in 4055 and 4053. They had opted for these accomodations over a 2 BR at OKW. With 3 young adults in their early 20's, they didn't belong any place else. They closed up Jelly Rolls one night and PI another night. ESPN on another and drank most of the beer at Epcot.

The studios were very impressive and they had a great BW view. I can certainly see how most of our fellow DVC owners who like the "action" are fanactical about BWV.

But DW and I like our amenities at OKW.

Quite a bit of the BW views are shut down due to renovations.

We ate at the FF, Chefs, CG and Ohana's. All very good as usual.

Wow! Sounds like a great trip, minus a few views and a now-working toilet .. :) You get past that stuff, though! :)

I am really looking forward to getting to stay at Boardwalk Villas in the near future, now that we've signed up for DVC!! Sounds like a great place for entertainment and fun!
Thanks for the trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter