Just back - Not happy with Photopass +

mieuxmew

DIS Veteran
We have gone to Disney every October since 2008 and have always purchased Photopass. Every year we have seen the service slip a little bit, but have always been happy with enough photos to make it worth it. Some of the photos are truly awesome and I will cherish those family photo memories forever!

This time we purchased photo pass plus for the ride feature (no character dining this trip). I am noticing many ride photos are missing! May I make a suggestion - write down your photo numbers or take a photo with your phone camera so it will be easier to track down your missing photos (the phone camera will also give a date/time). I wish I had done this, especially since many of the rides we were only able to go on once due to crowds. For $150-200 service, this should not be necessary! Hopefully, Disney will be able to find the missing photos.

Most of the week, I almost NEVER saw a Photopass photographer actually LOOK at the photo after taking it! I have LOTS of photos with eyes closed, off center, incorrect settings, blurred night shots, etc! I have a photo of Minnie Mouse's rear end in the center of the photo!! Many character photographers took 3-4 photos right away then stood there looking bored! I have never seen the Photopass photographers looking so disinterested in their jobs before! Usually most have gone the extra mile to do a good job.

Magic shots? Very few photographers were able to do them. The few Magic Shots I got were very disappointing, as the "Magic" is not in the right location on the photo!! A simple 2 second glance at the camera these photographers would have seen they missed the mark and then could retake the photo.

On the bright side, the website looks a lot more user friendly!

Disney keeps raising the prices of the Photopass service. My husband and I have sadly decided that unless this service really dramatically improves, this will probably be our last time using Photopass. I will miss it, but it is very hard to justify the high price for the lack of quality photos and the need to track down so many missing photos.

Just my 2 cents. I hope Disney spends some quality time retraining their Photopass photographers on improving the quality.

I hope you will send this information directly to them so that they will know they need to improve. This is terrible service!!!

Just to add - we stayed off site, so we did not have Magic Bands, just the Photopass Plus card/Landyard.

Enter your pp+ card number onto your account again. I had to do it over and over again to see the new photos each day. Good luck!

We are back from our trip. The missing photos were taken days ago. Thanks for the advice, though.

We are back from our trip. The missing photos were taken days ago. Thanks for the advice, though.

It shouldn't matter as long as you are still within your 45 days. We had several photos missing, too, but all of those were from the bands, not the card, and they have all been found. Every time we used the card, I would have to put the number in on the website to see the photos. We rode Buzz on day 2, but the photos didn't show up, so I went back to the ride the morning of day 3 to have them added again. The CM said they were on there when she scanned the card. That is how I figured out that I had to re-enter the number each time. I suppose I could have done it at the end of the trip to see them all there, but I didn't want to wait. Give it a try. :goodvibes

unless people start complaining to Disney about the service they wont know theres a problem

It's not photopass+, it is the new website, software, scanners, etc. We did photopass + twice before this last WDW trip- once at WDW and once at DL with no issues. We did it at WDW October 5-13- totally different experience. Tons of photos missing. Website issues etc. You might log into the old website and see if they are showing up there. All my photos except for 7 originally went to the old website even though they weren't supposed to. I had to re-input my PP+ card number multiple times on the new website before they showed up there. Then I had 6 or 7 sets missing. I had to E-mail photopass and they found all but 2 sets (main street castle photos where there are ton of photographers which makes it hard to pinpoint).

We've had a lost set of photos here and there, but never had the issues we have had this trip.

We also noticed this trip that we did have some photographers that acted like they didn't care. They would snap one photo and say okay got it. We've never had them do that in the past.

I had the same experience in September. The photographers were nothing like I had in the past. And DS has his eyes closed in most photos. It was just like you said to we got two maybe three photos in most locations and only one magic shot. I didn't buy the PP+ so I'm glad. We just picked enough good ones to make a calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Every time you waited in line to have an attraction photo added to your account you should have received a receipt. This will help you when you use their lost photo form.

Mention the placement of the magic shot things too. They can add them in after the fact (that's how it's actually done) so they might be able to move them.

We just got back as well and I looked at my Photopass photos quickly this morning.

Our meet and greet with Mickey in Town Hall are really dark. I mean really dark. I will be calling about this but doubt there is anything that can be done.

There are no magic shots.

Some photos my kids have their eyes closed.

I am not impressed.

When having my ride photos placed on our PP+ I ALWAYS ask for a receipt so I can track them if we have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

its not the photographers fault if your kid has his eyes closed, or if hubby has his eyes closed, etc.

This. DS has his eyes closed in about half of our pics. Frustrating, but no one's fault but his own. In one of the UK shops at EPCOT, they had a tee shirt that said "Keep calm don't blink". I almost bought it just to make him mad. :rotfl:

Just curious, is Disney offering any financial compensation for these awful photos or altogether missing ones? I know Disers don't like to talk about this, but if you pay $150 for photos, you should get a quality product, and at the very least not some other families photos instead of your own. Regardless of new systems and such, if a business other than Disney provide this type of horrible service, it would be short lived. Even my DS school photos allow you to get your money back, if you don't like the two takes. I hope everyone affected will be able to retrieve your lost memories. We have always gotten PP+ at DL and WDW with no issues, but I am 28 days out and seriously considering not getting it for the first year.

Just curious, is Disney offering any financial compensation for these awful photos or altogether missing ones? I know Disers don't like to talk about this, but if you pay $150 for photos, you should get a quality product, and at the very least not some other families photos instead of your own. Regardless of new systems and such, if a business other than Disney provide this type of horrible service, it would be short lived. Even my DS school photos allow you to get your money back, if you don't like the two takes. I hope everyone affected will be able to retrieve your lost memories. We have always gotten PP+ at DL and WDW with no issues, but I am 28 days out and seriously considering not getting it for the first year.

They are offering a free extension. You can claim it over on the right hand side of the screen when you log in. We've had about 20 missing photos this week and they were able to find them :goodvibes

They are offering a free extension. You can claim it over on the right hand side of the screen when you log in. We've had about 20 missing photos this week and they were able to find them :goodvibes

At least you got your photos back. I feel for the ppl who have not. I am nervous about purchasing it and it turning into a ridiculous hassle. Any suggestions? Do you think it was still worth it? TIA

At least you got your photos back. I feel for the ppl who have not. I am nervous about purchasing it and it turning into a ridiculous hassle. Any suggestions? Do you think it was still worth it? TIA

It was definitely worth it. We got a lot of great shots. Just be sure to know the times and locations of where you had pics taken and check the site regularly. Have one of the photographers snap a pic with your personal camera each day because you can upload that pic as an attachment to the missing photo form and they will know exactly what you were wearing. I think that really helped them find our photos so quickly. Each time we filled out the form, our photos were found within 48 hours.

It was definitely worth it. We got a lot of great shots. Just be sure to know the times and locations of where you had pics taken and check the site regularly. Have one of the photographers snap a pic with your personal camera each day because you can upload that pic as an attachment to the missing photo form and they will know exactly what you were wearing. I think that really helped them find our photos so quickly. Each time we filled out the form, our photos were found within 48 hours.

Great!! Thanks for the tips. I think I will still purchase it, we have always loved the service in the past. Hope they can fix the bugs soon. I always felt they had a good quality product though, maybe some of the complaints about photo pass photographers is due to their own frustrations with the system. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter