Just Back - Misc Observations & Info

NJ Goofy

DVC Member - SSR & BWV
We just got back from a 7 day stay at BWV's, here's a few thoughts:

1) Pandora gets an A from us, FoP was great, we rode it twice and we were impressed. NRJ was nice but won't be an "E" ticket attraction like FoP. The rest of the land is very well done.
2) ROL - Can't really comment. Got a FP went back especially for the show, sat there for over an hour in the heat and then the show was canceled. Not a fan of how close the seat rows are, you have to struggle to get out if you want to leave. If I go to see it again, I will watch it from the fence to the right of the grandstand.
3) Soarin - We liked it and adding the 3rd theater makes the line much more manageable. We did notice the distortion but it wasn't a big deal. Wish they stayed with each scene a few more seconds.
4) Airport - from the time we landed to when we walked into the Boardwalk's lobby was 55 minutes ! Please don't use that to plan, we were seated in row 5 of the plane, we are all adults so we walked quickly, we only stopped for a 30 second bathroom break and we WALKED on to the bus and it left 15 seconds after we were on it. Oh, and we were the 1st stop. It was by far the quickest we've ever made it plane to resort.
5) Flew Southwest - Use EBCI and got A27-A30. I know a lot of people think it's not worth it but with the size of family boarding going to Orlando, we get it every time. And yes, I am one of the people that think all EBCI passengers should get on the plane prior to family boarding.
6) Buses at Boardwalk - They were terrific to MK and they were horrific to AK. We went to AK 3 times, one of the trips (to or back) was a disaster each time.
7) Uber - We only used it once to go to the preview of Pandora (didn't want to take any chances). Driver was there quickly, car was clean and he drove safely, cost was $7.34. Tried to use them at closing and the cost was $17.36, kind of a surprise !
8) Bathrooms - Didn't notice any issues with cleanliness. All good.
9) Alcohol - Several people have asked on DIS about buying adult beverages. The store at BW had a full wine selection, 2 or 3 beers (6 packs or singles) and a fully stocked liquor cabinet with the hard stuff. All at Disney prices (figure 2 - 2 1/2 times what you'd pay at home).
10) Groceries - We used Dizzy Dolphin. Prices were good, stuff was waiting for us when we got there, just had a couple minor issues with sizes, etc. but nothing to worry about.
11) Crowds - They were larger than what we remember but that's the new normal. A large number of guests from South America and Europe. In one stretch in the park we walked about 30 yards and heard 6 different languages.

If you have any questions, let me know.

This probably belongs in the Trip Reports forum. I would have moderator change that for you or they will notice it soon enough.

Thanks for the report. What's EBCI?

How were the wait times for the headliners? Did you notice if wait times for major rides went down during nighttime events, e.g. TSMM during Fantasmic or Star Wars fireworks?

EBCI is Early Bird Check-in at Southwest Airlines. They auto check you in at the 36 hour mark. You don't need to sit by your computer at the 24 hr mark and you USUALLY get an A boarding pass.

Wait time for the big rides were pretty long during mid-day. We were able to ride them the 1st hour or so of park opening with minimal waits. Mid-day waits were well over 60 minutes. Not sure about events you mentioned but I think they stop letting people in line after a certain time for those rides. We rode attractions early without FP+ and then used our FP's around 10:30 thru 1:30. We were able to get 4th and 5th FP's, just not for the headliners in most cases.

5) Flew Southwest - Use EBCI and got A27-A30. I know a lot of people think it's not worth it but with the size of family boarding going to Orlando, we get it every time. And yes, I am one of the people that think all EBCI passengers should get on the plane prior to family boarding.
We have started using EBCI as well even though we also qualify for family boarding. We need seats in 2 rows so this give us far more choices further up front in the plane. We usually end up with A34-ish.

We have started using EBCI as well even though we also qualify for family boarding. We need seats in 2 rows so this give us far more choices further up front in the plane. We usually end up with A34-ish.
So with EBCI you actually get assigned a place in line?? Not just a mob scene huddling in front of the gate? We're considering flying out of Rochester, NY instead of Syracuse this Feb and flying SW. Have to wait for flights to be released first. We would definitely want EBCI. So many questions!

So with EBCI you actually get assigned a place in line?? Not just a mob scene huddling in front of the gate? We're considering flying out of Rochester, NY instead of Syracuse this Feb and flying SW. Have to wait for flights to be released first. We would definitely want EBCI. So many questions!
Everybody is assigned a place in line. Not sure if you haven't flown SW in a while but it's been that way for years now. In the past you were given A/B/C and then everyone mobbed the door like you mentioned. Now you are assigned a letter and a number and that is your place in line. The numbers are assigned in order and you board in that order. EBCI just gets you a better chance of a better number.

As PP said you are assigned a numbered place in line, 1st group is A-1 thru A-60 ( A 1-15 are reserved for their business or select passengers), then family boarding, which on a flight to Orlando can be a lot of people, then B1-B60 and finally C1-C60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter