Just back May 14-23 Yacht Club and Coronado Springs

Minky

Mouseketeer
Hey guys, I just got back from a WONDERFUL trip, left the gorgeous 88 and sunny weather in Florida for cold and rainy in NJ (I so need to go back)
Anyway I wanted to share some info with everyone

The Yacht club is AWESOME, I was prepared not to like it, just wanted to stay there for location, but it was great. It was beautiful, service was top notch, had a wonderful view of the Epcot fireworks from our room. Walk to Epcot in about 5-10 minutes, walk to MGM in about 20 minutes. Very convenient! The pool alone is worth the price of the place, SAB RULES!!! We ate at beaches and cream a few times (overrated, but good) Made good use of the refillable mugs. On a scale of 1-10 YC gets a solid 9!

Coronado Springs on the other hand which i WAS very excited about I really didnt care for at all, and I thought I would LOVE IT! Its true what everyone says it does lack that disney magic. It has a very corporate feel to it. I almost felt funny in the foodcourt in vacation gear, everyone was looking very "businessy". It is pretty, we were in Cabanas 9A, not too bad of a walk to anywhere from there and they do have a shuttle service around the resort. Service was baaaad. Check in was wonderful but virtually everyone we ran into in the peppermarket had a real attitude problem. If push came to shove I would stay there again, but it is my least favorite hotel so far.

Some notes for you guys that I picked up...
Crowds are DEFINETELY up since last May, but they are manageable. I hate to sound like a broken record but Fast Pass is King. Even though things were crowded waits werent too terrible, longest we waited once was for Soarin about 1 hour. Sometimes it was a walk on. Longest wait I saw besides that was 50 for Peter Pan. Most times it was 30. Fantasy land was a MOBSCENE as usual. IASW was very nice, the rehab is noticeable.
On SOARIN they definetely boost up the wait times a lot sometimes it said an hour and it was a walk on, so I measured it from different areas so you know. Here goes, from the Blue Hallway it is 15-20 minutes, The walkway is on angles like /\/\/
add 10 minutes for every segment ahead of you. I hope that makes sense. It is an AMAZING RIDE and well worth the wait!!! They are going to close The Great Movie Ride in Epcot and the Indie stunt show. That is official, however they will not change spaceship earth, the track is integral to the whole structure YAY! We did all the Evening EMHs while we were there, and they were nice...AK was the best with the park being empty and everything a walk on, MGM was ok..., Epcot was still busy (tip watch illuminations from as close to the land as possible then RUN to soarin, noone will be there) Turtle talk with Crush is AWESOME! MK Evening EMH was good, got to ride everything once...
Here is a quick overview of our major meals
Le Cellier - It was ok, not as good as I remembered but it was good, had the chefs tour or something like that.
Bomas - Always amazing!
Hollywood and Vine - Again a major favorite, just everything is always delicious and service fantastic
Ohanas - On a scale of 1 -10 a 10 nuff said
Liberty tree Tavern for Dinner _ Have to say I much prefer the lunch, dinner was okay, characters were a lot of fun there though! Chip was hysterical

If you are going to Universal they have an Express PLUS, it costs 25$ and is basically a FP for all the rides in the park, one use per ride, but it was great we did both parks in 4 hours, while waits for the big stuff was close to 70 minutes!
Okay that was REALLY long sorry, but any questions feel free to ask!
Minky

Im sorry I meant to say close the great movie ride in MGM, see what a 16 hour drive will do to your brain??

I'm so glad you enjoyed the YC!! It's my favorite! I just love the relaxed atmosphere and "cleanliness" of the resort. I'm sorry to hear that the Great Movie Ride is closing. Even though it is the same thing all the time it's one of those rides to me that are just classic like IASW. I hope they don't change it too much. The movie theme after all is what the park is suppose to be about.

great review! glad to hear you liked the YC. we're actually thinking of staying there for our next trip. am waiting for the date to get closer so that i can read the then current reviews.

I would just like to clairify that it is not offical that the Great Movie Ride and Indiana Jones will be closing. Those are only rumors.

Oh!! :guilty: I hope they don't close The Great Movie Ride. I love that ride. To me it is a classic. I go on it at least 2X a visit. :blush: I am not a thrill ride person at all so I appreciate the nice, slow, entertaining rides. Good news about Spaceship Earth. I like that one, too. :earboy2: But my all time favorite is ....The People Mover (dorky, huh??) ;)

Minky - Glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for the report!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

Thanks for a great and thoughtful review.

I would be surprised if they closed the GMR....they recently just completed a refurbishment. :confused3

Glad you had a great time! :banana:

Hey guys, I was surprised to hear it too, I had a long chat with a few Cast members there and they told me it was definite those 2 rides were closing, maybe they were misinformed?? Anyway that was what I heard

Disneybound, I will check the room number for you, it was a standard water view...I asked to be moved from our first room....it was on the 1st floor with a patio....wasnt crazy about it, but were moved to the 3rd floor right over the gazebo (sp?) with a clear view of the eiffel tower in france and a nice view of fireworks. The higher the floor the better view.

Lives4Disney - We LOVE the people mover 2!!

I forgot to mention earlier we also saw Cinderellabration, and while I liked it, I really miss the old show, but we walked down main st the moment it started so we watched. And one more thing I bought the Disney Park DVD souvenirs and was kinda dissapointed...I bought the ones for MK and Epcot....I think 80% of the footage was from 1982, and they didnt update the new ones to have Soarin for Epcot, just so theres no surprises if you pick them up. :goodvibes

Now its time to start planning for the Oct trip. my 30th Birthday Bash!!

Minky said:
Hey guys, I was surprised to hear it too, I had a long chat with a few Cast members there and they told me it was definite those 2 rides were closing, maybe they were misinformed?? Anyway that was what I heard

Disneybound, I will check the room number for you, it was a standard water view...I asked to be moved from our first room....it was on the 1st floor with a patio....wasnt crazy about it, but were moved to the 3rd floor right over the gazebo (sp?) with a clear view of the eiffel tower in france and a nice view of fireworks. The higher the floor the better view.

Lives4Disney - We LOVE the people mover 2!!

I forgot to mention earlier we also saw Cinderellabration, and while I liked it, I really miss the old show, but we walked down main st the moment it started so we watched. And one more thing I bought the Disney Park DVD souvenirs and was kinda dissapointed...I bought the ones for MK and Epcot....I think 80% of the footage was from 1982, and they didnt update the new ones to have Soarin for Epcot, just so theres no surprises if you pick them up. :goodvibes

Now its time to start planning for the Oct trip. my 30th Birthday Bash!!
Unfortunately CM's are very bad sources of information. The fact is Disney does not tell them anything they don't tell the public. As of right now they are both just rumors. However the chances of either going anytime soon are slim.

We stayed at Coronado on May 7th and I have to say I didn't care for it. I know what you mean about feeling out of place in the food court area. We did too. I'm glad I stayed there one more resort off our list but I won't do it again. I'm glad it was for just one night.

Peter, I am sure you are 100% correct and Im not trying to do a whos right or whos wrong thing with you, I was just bringing info back to the boards that I heard while there, as I appreciate it when others do the same after their vacations. :wave2:

We stayed at the Beach Club 5/5-5/8-(before our cruise) loved the location and want to try Yacht Club side next summer. Glad you had a great time, I miss it already, plus the weather in Jersey doesn't help, does it?
Do all rooms have a full balcony? Can't wait to go back!

Hi Eeyore, no Jersey weather doesnt help at alllllll

All of the rooms in the Yacht club have a full balcony or patio, with the exception of just a handful of rooms, so unless its packed you have nothing to worry about. I really loved that place, will definetely stay there again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter